type r ported box help

atvrdr
10+ year member

virginia
hello i have 2 12" type r's and a Alpine MRP-M500 amp...im planning on making a ported box. basicly i just want the box and subs to bump hard and be heard from a few blocks down because right now i have to turn up the gains on my sealed box.

can you guys recomend me a box plan that bumps??

i saw the enclosure design sticky but i dont know what i should be looking for?

this will be going into my chryslers trunk soo i have enough room as needed i can probly go up to 10 cubic feet if need

First off you having to turn all the gain up on your amp isnt because of your box. that is a 500 watt amp, which isnt near enough to get the type r's really moving. first i would invest in a larger amp, several around the forum that would suit what you are looking for.. and then for the enclosure //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/search2.gif.b407e3685eef133dbce7cac8ad3982c7.gif this forum is FULL of box plans for type r's.

alright thanks ive worked out a deal for a alpine 1000 watt amp

but do you think this box design will do

4 cubes net at 30Hz

resqbox4cubes30hz48sqindo0.png

if you want to go louder over sq tho you may want to tune your box higer than 30. maybe 37 or so

alright thanks the only problem is is i think that box is for 2 10"s????? correct me if im wrong

out of the two of these boxs which one would you pick

1)

43cubes32hz52sqin9ip.png

2)

44cubes32hz66sqin7et.png

well the bottom one would obv not work because 12 + 12 is 24 ha and that has 18 inches so that doesnt work. and idk if those boxes include displacement? because try to keep your volume at like 4 after driver displacement

ha no... you need 24 on the front face where the subs will be mounted. but 24 will be oushing it the subs would be touching. you want at least 26 id say. around 4 cubes internal voulme port tuned to like around 37 hz id design you something but im too lazy ill see if i can find some plans tho

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.