help with a single audioque sdc2.5 in a shallow box

chardness

ive tried the single 12" sdc2.5 in different boxes and have been disappointed so far. it is currently in a 1.6 cu. ft box tuned to 32. i used re audio's enclosure calculator and here is what i got. i am trying to keep it as shallow as possible to preserve my trunkspace but i dont want to lose sound quality while doing it. i want to hear my lows and want it to be a bit more accurate. maybe its too much to ask but any help would be appreciated before i start building it. thanks

amp: alpine mrp-m650 ( 600rms wired @ 2ohms)

max dims on the trunk is 17" high, 38" wide, and would like the depth to be shallow as possible

will the box pictured below work?

single_audioque_12.jpg

Have you run AQ subs before? I ask because your current box ***** plain and simple.

How much power do you have for the sub and what kind of music do you mostly listen to?

I've built a **** load of boxes for AQ/DD subs for daily set ups and know them pretty well by now.

You going to the show/comp on Saturday in Algonquin as most of the Team DOA guys from Chicago will be there. Plenty of AQ/DD systems you can hear and we can discuss your enclosure...

I haven't had my hands on the 12, but the 15 sdc2.5 doesn't really gain much tuning lower than 34. I'd suggest tuning around 35-36 for the most part. How much power you have on tap?

Larson

amp: alpine mrp-m650 ( 600rms wired @ 2ohms)

max dims on the trunk is 17" high, 38" wide, and would like the depth to be shallow as possible without affecting sound quality.

the re audio pictured above is how i plan to build the box. any mistakes i need to be aware of before i build the box? i would like for it to be as shallow as possible. thanks

Never seemed THAT far off to me. When I did the calcs the long way it was about .25Hz off and that was mostly because it doesn't factor in sub displacement.

By the way, what are we all using to "check" RE's tool? WinISD?

High or low? And how do we know which is right? When I did the manual calculations using WinISD and the various numbers in the EDU sticky the only difference was that RE doesn't take sub displacement into account. Other than that everything was exactly the same. I punched in the dimensions my longhand work got and it spat everything back just about right.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.