Type R isnt LOUD

Diablo6699
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I just hooked up my 12" dual 2 ohm type r to my profile ap1200 and it is bridged at 4 ohms to give the sub 600 watts rms. but when i turn it up, it is no louder than the 100 watt rms amp that i had hooked up to it the other day. I got 4 gauge wiring and the box is 2 cu ft at 32 hz, but it is not loud at all. Anyone know what the problem could be?

Double check your wiring.
my wiring goes + on batt to inline fuse holder, then to distro block then to amp. the amp is grounded. rca to hu, remote wire to hu, + on amp to + on sub, - on amp to - on sub, then + on sub to - on sub.

I just hooked up my 12" dual 2 ohm type r to my profile ap1200 and it is bridged at 4 ohms to give the sub 600 watts rms. but when i turn it up, it is no louder than the 100 watt rms amp that i had hooked up to it the other day. I got 4 gauge wiring and the box is 2 cu ft at 32 hz, but it is not loud at all. Anyone know what the problem could be?

Sounds like you NEED TCAB.

If you absolutely can't figure it out, PM NGSM13, he'll probably work on it for a small fee. He lives at UC, so he might be close to you.

I have a the same sub in the same box getting 531w with 4ga. and mine gets pretty loud off of that power, the way you have it wired sounds right

But just curious, when you say

+ on amp to + on sub, - on amp to - on sub, then + on sub to - on sub.
You dont have the +&- from the amp running to the same voice coil do you?

It should go + on one v.c. and - on the other with the bannana clips going to the +&- in the middle

TCAB..duh

but just check all your wiring, and turn the gain up evryone knows whats its for durh, max it out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.