type r input

I can tell you for a fact that they don't last long connected to a 2500D in an ported enclosure at 24hz and the gain cranked to the ceiling pushing Late Night Tip...

I can tell you for a fact that they don't last long connected to a 2500D in an ported enclosure at 24hz and the gain cranked to the ceiling pushing Late Night Tip...
Well ya know... under normal .. teenage use..

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

well in that case. I met a kid here locally about 6 years ago running two of them off about 700w if I'm not mistaken, ported in a nicely built enclosure, and they sounded great. I was never able to replicate the exact result, but I think they're decent enough especially for a low price point.

I like the older type-r's better, about 6 months in with 1200 watts to one in a ported enclosure, the front of the sub started blowing chips of plastic off the dustcap. I called to try and get an RMA they said theirs no way that could happen without someone puncturing it but it sit in my trunk without anything even close to touching it, so now I have a barely used type-r wasting away in my house. I guess I'll have to recone it myself if that's possible.

Get the older type-r the gray dustcap looks better anyway, imo.

If you can swing the funds to run sundown SA's I would go that route. they will easily take 1000 watts RMS of good clean power and sound great doing so.

I've been giving my SA 15's 1200+ rms for almost a year now.

I like the older type-r's better, about 6 months in with 1200 watts to one in a ported enclosure, the front of the sub started blowing chips of plastic off the dustcap. I called to try and get an RMA they said theirs no way that could happen without someone puncturing it but it sit in my trunk without anything even close to touching it, so now I have a barely used type-r wasting away in my house. I guess I'll have to recone it myself if that's possible.
Get the older type-r the gray dustcap looks better anyway, imo.
You were sending it over rated, wtf do you expect?

If you can swing the funds to run sundown SA's I would go that route. they will easily take 1000 watts RMS of good clean power and sound great doing so.
I've been giving my SA 15's 1200+ rms for almost a year now.
How much do the 10s run?

How much do the 10s run?
Amazon.com: SA-10 D4 - Sundown Audio 10" Dual 4-Ohm SA Series Subwoofer: Car Electronics

185 new on amazon and about the same at many other places too.

I'm not sure I would want to give the older model R's (500/600rms versions) 1000 rms daily, but i'd say 700ish would be alright though I'm sure. I gave one of the 600 rms versions ~900rms and it took it just fine until I played Juice Box at full tilt. Only made it about half way through the song haha.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.