Type R 15 Box

Participant count
  • Participant list
Torres is fine, but you will still need to figure out your port piece cutsheets.

For standard sub and port firing the same direction L ports that uses up the height completely, I normally subtract 2.25 from the depth which is total thickness of front baffle, rear wall and port piece 2. Then you subtract the width of the port and that will be your first port piece. For your scenario lets say you have a port width of 3 inches that needs to be 36inches long.

Take 20(depth) - 2.25 = 17.75 - 3 = 14.75 inches which is your first port piece cutout length .

To figure out how much port length this actually equals to, you add thickness of front and rear wall which is 1.5 and add half of port width. So to continue off, 14.75 + 1.5 + [3(port width) divided by 2= 1.5] = 17.75 inches of port length down the center line.

subtract that number from your target port length and subtract port width to get the length of the 2nd port piece

36 - 17.75 - 3 = 15.25 inches which is your 2nd port piece cutout length.

port piece 1 is sandwiched between front baffle and 2nd port piece. Make sure you add an additional .75 if you double baffle it.

Torres is fine, but you will still need to figure out your port piece cutsheets.
For standard sub and port firing the same direction L ports, I normally subtract 2.25 from the depth which is total thickness of front baffle, rear wall and port piece 2. Then you subtract the width of the port and that will be your first port piece. For your scenario lets say you have a port width of 3 inches that needs to be 36inches long.

Take 20(depth) - 2.25 = 17.75 - 3 = 14.75 inches which is your first port piece cutout length .

To figure out how much port length this actually equals to, you add thickness of front and rear wall which is 1.5 and add half of port width. So to continue off, 14.75 + 1.5 + [3(port width) divided by 2= 1.5] = 17.75 inches of port length down the center line.

subtract that number from your target port length and subtract port width to get the length of the 2nd port piece

36 - 17.75 - 3 = 15.25 inches which is your 2nd port piece cutout length.

port piece 1 is sandwiched between front baffle and 2nd port piece. Make sure you add an additional .75 if you double baffle it.
WTF is that? LMFAO!!! You're an idiot!

WTF is that? LMFAO!!! You're an idiot!
its for basic L ports that use up the height completely like this design, Other designs will have other calculations. If you gave him a design then at least help him out with the port cutout sheets.

Note this is just an example, not what is designed for him. This is smaller in cubic feet and lower tuning.

35cubes30hz465sqin0cb.png

Last edited by a moderator:
its for basic L ports that use up the height completely like this design, Other designs will have other calculations. If you gave him a design then at least help him out with the port cutout sheets.[/img]
Sub+port orientation would be key information in determining cut lists wouldn't it? I don't know those. Personally I think op should figure it out on his own. I merely provided the tools to do it as well as an example of what can be accomplished with those tools.

Sub+port orientation would be key information in determining cut lists wouldn't it? I don't know those. Personally I think op should figure it out on his own. I merely provided the tools to do it as well as an example of what can be accomplished with those tools.
Plugging in numbers is easy but to a box newbie, figuring out the port cutouts is not something they will do right the first time. I just gave him a simple concept of a basic standard L shape ported box both firing in the same direction and he can build on that thought process and keep thickness and other measurements in mind when he tries out different designs.

Plugging in numbers is easy but to a box newbie, figuring out the port cutouts is not something they will do right the first time. I just gave him a simple concept of a basic standard L shape ported box both firing in the same direction and he can build on that thought process and keep thickness and other measurements in mind when he tries out different designs.
Stahp explaining. I don't care anymore..... again.

says the guy that leaves the newb to dry on the most important part lmfao. You are a joke.
I'm a joke? Really you're a full on retard! YOU said it would be hard to achieve port area giving the box parameters. YOU were wrong about that. It took me 45 seconds. You suggested a box "close to" what he wanted. I gave him exactly what he wanted. I was waiting for more information when YOU came in with incoherent nonsense on how to deduce a port cut list trying to regain some composure after being slapped around by me. I called you on it because it was flat out retarded. Once again, you have proven you don't know what the **** you're talking about. However, this thread is not the place for you and I to tango. But I will be watching, laughing, waiting to slap you around some more stupid. clip city clip clip city Hahahahahahahahha!

yeah how the hell is he going to figure out the port cutouts for your design leave him to dry even more and avoid answering questions.

BTW I'm soo happy I'm the target for your hard on. I wonder how many times you've responding to all my posts. Your PC area must be covered in that stuff.

I'm a joke? Really you're a full on retard! YOU said it would be hard to achieve port area giving the box parameters. YOU were wrong about that. It took me 45 seconds. You suggested a box "close to" what he wanted. I gave him exactly what he wanted. I was waiting for more information when YOU came in with incoherent nonsense on how to deduce a port cut list trying to regain some composure after being slapped around by me. I called you on it because it was flat out retarded. Once again, you have proven you don't know what the **** you're talking about. However, this thread is not the place for you and I to tango. But I will be watching, laughing, waiting to slap you around some more stupid. clip city clip clip city Hahahahahahahahha!
Good job, now this kid is never going to come back to this site because you're a douche. You're the reason this forum is dead.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.