enclosure design help for 4 8s.

Participant count
  • Participant list

basshead74

I have 4 american bass xd8s that I need someone with more experience to help me with a enclosure design for them. I'm not sure what would work best for them but I don't have access to winISD or Torres so I'm kinda sol. I would like low deep bass out of this build so no sealed enclosures. They are going in a 2012 impala. Maximum room I have is 33" wide x 14" high x 20" deep. I may be able to go a little bigger If needed, but I'm assuming a ported box at 34hz and around 3 cubes should work. Just don't have a design or cut sheet. Any help is welcomed thanks.

I have 4 american bass xd8s that I need someone with more experience to help me with a enclosure design for them. I'm not sure what would work best for them but I don't have access to winISD or Torres so I'm kinda sol. I would like low deep bass out of this build so no sealed enclosures. They are going in a 2012 impala. Maximum room I have is 33" wide x 14" high x 20" deep. I may be able to go a little bigger If needed, but I'm assuming a ported box at 34hz and around 3 cubes should work. Just don't have a design or cut sheet. Any help is welcomed thanks.
That should be enough space for 4..Id do two per chamber...with shared port...3cu ft plus port...make port opebing...36 sq inch opening slot...port length 24"

Ok now the only issue is dimensions for the enclosuren so I can get a cut sheet going. I'm having to do things the old fashioned way and designing enclosures is not my strong suit. I can build them tho. Anyone that might be able to help me out with the demensions or a cut sheet?

Ok now the only issue is dimensions for the enclosuren so I can get a cut sheet going. I'm having to do things the old fashioned way and designing enclosures is not my strong suit. I can build them tho. Anyone that might be able to help me out with the demensions or a cut sheet?
RE Audio use to have a box calculator on their page...I havent been there in a while...but it was good for cut patterns on simple boxes...you may have to personally modify the port a little to make it work...but it should be real close

Yea I used to use that calc all the time but had issues with it cuz the tuning is always off. That and it doesn't take into effect the displacement of 45s and the (I guess you could say splinter) in the middle of the port to direct air from both chambers. I can do the math for stuff if I had formlas...might have to get out my mecp books from school.

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

Do ya know of any better calcs to use? I can't get Torres or windisd on my phone..unfortunately.

Yea I used to use that calc all the time but had issues with it cuz the tuning is always off. That and it doesn't take into effect the displacement of 45s and the (I guess you could say splinter) in the middle of the port to direct air from both chambers. I can do the math for stuff if I had formlas...might have to get out my mecp books from school. 

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

Do ya know of any better calcs to use? I can't get Torres or windisd on my phone..unfortunately.
The dimensions you gave came to a little over 4.2 cu ft after taking off 1.5 for mdf ....so thats more than enough...fter braces...basket displacement and port area...

Ok well I wasn't far off then so those dimensions should work after bracing 45s and w.e other displacement is needed? I know ya said 24 length for the port but how wide should that be then? Port tuning is what normally gets me. And I have never used ABs stuff and heard these little xds can take more than the 300rms rating so that enclosure isn't going to hurt me if I give em a bit more will it?

Ok well I wasn't far off then so those dimensions should work after bracing 45s and w.e other displacement is needed? I know ya said 24 length for the port but how wide should that be then? Port tuning is what normally gets me. And I have never used ABs stuff and heard these little xds can take more than the 300rms rating so that enclosure isn't going to hurt me if I give em a bit more will it?
If you go with that size box...youd need a port opening of 44 sq inches...I like slots the best...You can do a 3.5" opening...that will be about perfect with 14" height...

If you have the room do the 4 subs rear firing share chamber ...make your brace baffles inside the box staggered around to break up the waves...I wish I had a way to draw it out...then do a long slot port in the rear fire towards passengr side ....make sure it has about 5-8" to load off the shock tower side...it will sound awesome...

Well the 33" wide was to fit between the shock towers so I could still pit my bowling bag in the trunk. The rear seats do fold down though. Man I wish I had a picture to use as reference. I think I get what your saying though.

Can someone take the time to make up a final design and cut sheet for me? I don't have the resources or time to. Please and thank you. I'm going to 45 the port and use 1" dowels for a t brace in the middle if that helps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.