type r 12 or re se12 single sub setup

yessir

SE handles more power and has better SQ, but they both get very loud.

The SE might go lower than the SR.

Im very happy with the SR. Only reason Im considering selling is because I might buy a 15" Dayton DVC. I dont know yet (dammmn caraudio addiction!)

lmao meng i get it now! im slooooow
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

thats how ya gotta ride......

slooooow and looooow

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Yea i know what you mean! i keep replacing subs cause im not satisfied, im probably gonna have to upgrade my sub amp, which has performed surprisingly well, Its an infinity ref611a that puts out 657 watts at 2ohms. I cant even get this thing to get hot on me, but i think i might need more power in the future. If i were to get two 4ohm dual voice coil subs and wired them parallel (or is it series?) to achieve a 2 ohm load how much power would each sub see? im kinda confused on whether the power is split or not, i figure if you wire the two together you basically have one speaker that would both get all 650 watts. am i wrong?

Yea i know what you mean! i keep replacing subs cause im not satisfied, im probably gonna have to upgrade my sub amp, which has performed surprisingly well, Its an infinity ref611a that puts out 657 watts at 2ohms. I cant even get this thing to get hot on me, but i think i might need more power in the future. If i were to get two 4ohm dual voice coil subs and wired them parallel (or is it series?) to achieve a 2 ohm load how much power would each sub see? im kinda confused on whether the power is split or not, i figure if you wire the two together you basically have one speaker that would both get all 650 watts. am i wrong?
you will either get a 4 ohm or 1 ohm impedance from you amp when wiring two dual 4ohm subs together

so what do i need to get to get a 2ohm load? One 2ohm sub or Two 4ohm single voice coil?
you need either:

a single 2 ohm sub

a dual 4 ohm sub wired parallel

two single 4 ohm subs wired parallel

two dual 2 ohms subs wired series/parallel

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.