Type R 10" sealed problem

Teej
10+ year member

Hello!

I'm running one Alpine SWR-1043D (dvc) at 2 ohm from a Hifonics BRZ1200.1D amp. It's in a custom sealed enclosure (XJ cubby subs made by DoubleTapXJ on CherokeeForum). My problem is that the sub seems to have a progressive delay. The bass will hit accurately but will fall behind. I've tried lowering the LPF, adjusting the subsonic, and retuned a few times to see if I made any mistakes. I'm having trouble figuring out the problem. Any ideas?

If it helps, I have a JVC KD-R730BT head unit.

TJ

I've actually tried that. The guy who installed it grounded it to the floor with a weak bolt. I regrounded it under the seat to the seat belt bolt. Didn't help. Could it possibly be due to the fact that the RCAs, power cables, and remote turn on thing are all running next to eachother? Also, the amp is just sitting in the trunk, but never overheats, and doesn't move much, but could that be the problem? I assume not since when I'm sitting still the same problem occurs.

My Tritons are "sealed" and they do an awesome job, but the ported sub i have now gives much more response. I am a ported guy for sure. I would love to get the svs plus subs, but moving a 127 pound sub would be a PIA. Especially when you want to tweak the setiings with that digital read out on the back. My back is breaking just thinking about it. The Piano finish looks awesome on the plus.

My Tritons are "sealed" and they do an awesome job, but the ported sub i have now gives much more response. I am a ported guy for sure. I would love to get the svs plus subs, but moving a 127 pound sub would be a PIA. Especially when you want to tweak the setiings with that digital read out on the back. My back is breaking just thinking about it. The Piano finish looks awesome on the plus.
What does this have to do with anything?

Ehh, that happens in my XJ on some songs but I'm using a custom 5kW 15 on a JBL 24001. Most likely to do with airspace and the fact that the signal has to go through a lot of processing before it actually hits your sub. Some head units have a delay feature that corrects this.

If you have a feeling of sub bass being out of sync.. then it could be electrical phase issue or time delay, which are related. Amplifier ground shouldn't have anything with this. If you don't have time alignment or continuous subwoofer phase adjustment, all you can do is to flip subwoofer's electrical phase and see if that helps.

I've got 4 gauge going to the amp and 12 gauge going to the sub. It's getting ~600-650 watts. Perhaps the wire is too small... Hadn't thought of that. That could also explain the clipping at 3/5 power. Dunno.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.