Two subs/Two Different amps....

What if I change the gains on the more powerful amplifer... do you think I can set them at the same level? - thx for the help

welll thats the problem is setting the gains right. Itd be hard but u could probly do it to a point where u wont notice a difference. Itd just be much easier to use one amp.

if that is what you end up doing, i would strongly reccomend using a different chamber for each sub because the sub getting more power will kick the hell out of the other sub if you use a common chamber.

If you want to ensure that both amps put out exactly the same amount of power, get a multimeter and measure the power coming out of the amp (WITHOUT THE SUBS HOOKED UP!). Adjust the gains accordingly. Note that you need to be playing a good test tone while doing this to ensure a constant input voltage.

Of course, I'd really suggest keeping the subs seperated anyway, just in case.

Well the speakers are in a seperate chambers so thats not a problem... maybe i'll take awalbert88's advice but i dont have a mulitmeter so that might be a problem. Right now the amp im using is working fine, it's just id rather divide the load and i think my speakers are clipping b/c the amp isnt putting out power fast enough b/c it is working too hard. I dont wanna kill my speakers and i do have an extra amp sitting around doing nothing... [How do I know my speakers are clipping?] But all of your replys are very helpful thanks alot!!

if you have the other amp just lying around and want to use the 2 amp setup you could try selling the extra one and getting one identical to the one you are using.

-Mac

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.