Votes: 6 15.4%
  • 8 mj-18m's

Votes: 33 84.6%

• Total voters

slapmaster
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
mobile al
i'm getting an atro van tomorrow but it's going in the shop to get the transmition rebuilt. i allready got 2 brand new solox 18s gray cones. but i'm thinking about saling them to go with more cone area. i bought them to go in my trunk,but bought won't fit, so i'm getting a van. i'll only have about 800-1000 to spend on subs. 2 amps(most likely hk4000s). i don't care about how much space gets taken up. van will be a groundpounder not a comp van.

i'm thinking 8 mj18s sealed pacman box or sideways pacman.

what ya think?

4th order bandpass? i been running sealed all my life, no idea how this 4th order bandpass looks. got pix? i know that these x's will have to be ported, but as far as what type of design, i have no clue.

4th order bandpass? i been running sealed all my life, no idea how this 4th order bandpass looks. got pix? i know that these x's will have to be ported, but as far as what type of design, i have no clue.

4th order bandpass = ported enclosure infront of a sealed enclosure. Sub in the middle. If that makes any sense... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

4th order bandpass = ported enclosure infront of a sealed enclosure. Sub in the middle. If that makes any sense... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif
ya ok like the 6 jbl's on pimp my ride

would you wall the van off fo that type of box or would that fit window hight behind first row bench seat?
Kind of depends. If you want it to still play music, I'd say probably a wall. If you didn't want a wall, you could run a ported enclosure.

G-Monk's new build is a 4th order.

for 2 18's you could probably fit it below the window line, or wall it behind the second row.

i suggest a 4th order for the solo's because there really temperamental about being bottomed out.. Basically, if you do their toast.

so because of that they like having that sealed chamber. Plus 4th order bandpass's > standard ported.

for 2 18's you could probably fit it below the window line, or wall it behind the second row.
i suggest a 4th order for the solo's because there really temperamental about being bottomed out.. Basically, if you do their toast.

so because of that they like having that sealed chamber. Plus 4th order bandpass's > standard ported.
win_button.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...