two dd 9500 15's or one dd redline 800 18"?

That box has some pretty big panels, I hope barney there is braced pretty well.

.would i get better output if I went with a 7 inch port with 94 in² since the box is 5 cubes
I suspect the issue is similar to the last one where there's just no room for the sound wave to come up around from the port. If you spin the box 90 degrees and fire the port to the side how much space will you have between the port and the side of the car? Also test port to the front (probably need to mount the sub normal to close the hatch!)

Port area, volume, and tuning should be OK (assuming your tuning is what you think it is).

Actually when they both worked i was able to get them as loud as before with the very first box. Then the magnet shifted while I was driving down the road...went over a set of train tracks and that was it....wasn't even going that fast cause I knew how they were.

But yeah I definitely need to flip it the other way lmao, it touches the back glass lol.

And ive got a 2x4 going horizontal and vertically for bracing......not like it matters, it doesn't get that loud...there's a huge fuckingg difference between output going from two to one. Its almost not even worth running one. Right now it sounds like the gain is turned almost all the way down....

I've never had that happen before.. I don't really care for the md line, or Taramps in general after owning this amp.

Here's the shifted one

Attachments

• 20200902_131258_HDR.jpg
    20200902_131258_HDR.jpg
    700.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 20200902_131310_HDR.jpg
    20200902_131310_HDR.jpg
    638.1 KB · Views: 101
  • 20200902_131314_HDR.jpg
    20200902_131314_HDR.jpg
    608.7 KB · Views: 103
  • 20200902_131252_HDR.jpg
    20200902_131252_HDR.jpg
    571.8 KB · Views: 100
So if I've got $2k to spend on subs, can I achieve 155? I don't want to make a wrong decision...so I really need your guys input on this....

Didn't know if I should go with 12's or 15's.....and if I should get like 4 12's that can take 2k each or two 12's that can take 4k each etc etc

I'm legitimately asking this time lol.....not just a what if question, I have $2k to spend on subs, so what do you guys think i should go with? I'll even go with like 6 10's if thats what it'll take. Throw me some idea's that you guys have in your heads. Oh and I would really like if they're 4th order friendly because I've always wanted to build a 4th order.

Last edited:
155's on your electrical, with that amp... maybe. If your married to the idea of a 4th, I'd find some small box, 4th order friendly 15s and wall it if you got 20ft3+ or more gross to use.Cone is king IME.
A local guy does 155's on a Md8K... solid voltage with a cmaxx bank and all. 6 12's and flatwalled. Not on music or daily but he got to 155 tuned to peak near his cabin freq. (around 40 iirc)
I think if you go 4 15s even in a flatwall on your power you'll get there. Idk tho... from what I've seen so far you better focus and research a bit just to get it close the 1st time.
These 15s work well in 10ft3 net, thats a pretty small box really...
xqReEu.jpg

Rs Gold 15s

Last edited:
I'm legitimately asking this time lol.....not just a what if question, I have $2k to spend on subs, so what do you guys think i should go with?
First of all, DD95XX is still one of the best subs money can buy. If you can't get loud with those new subs absolutely isn't going to be your silver bullet to get loud.

Next 155 with two 15s and one 8K amp is a lofty goal. Most guys you run into at shows with a pair of 15s on a 5K are happy to break 150 if their box is set up to play music. Even the good flat walls I've seen in sedans or coups would be hard pressed to pull out 155 with your amp.

If you want to spend money to get loud, I'd prioritize like so:
1. Get that DD fixed
2. Pay someone who REALLY knows what they're doing to build you a box
3. Get your electrical system rock solid.
then if that fails
4. Throw more power at it. Assuming you could actually see say 5K each out of two of those amps you have you couldn't help but put up a respectable number on a meter with a good box, though this would not help you beat down the block any louder. You will always run into thermal limits on your coils if you try to play that loud for extended period of time.

Are there any car audio competitions/shows anywhere even remotely near you? Go to a couple shows, find the guys who are loud and pay one of them to build a box for you or pay whoever they're buying boxes from to build for you. Also going to some shows may give you some reasonable goals and expectations to see what people are really doing.

No I totally realize I can't reach 155 with two 15's and an md8k......and yes cone area is king. So thats why I was wondering if I should go with lets say four 12's that are 1500-2000rms. Because of space limitations, but ive always preferred 15's so I don't know if I'd be disappointed or not if I did go that route.

Also another reason I would rather have different subs is because its going to cost me Xxx amount to have the one sent off and repaired, and I can't find another 9500i anywhere, cause I know I need atleast three of them to come close to what I'm chasing after. I can already tell when they both were working. And I don't find it feasible to spend $600+ on a new 9500i if i could find one.

And the comps.....there isn't any shops around here anymore they shut down because of either shitty business or covid......and to top it off i have no friends and really bad social anxiety, so that would be quite the adventure for me lmao unfortunately.

So if I've got $2k to spend on subs

Didn't know if I should go with 12's or 15's.....and if I should get like 4 12's that can take 2k each or two 12's that can take 4k each etc etc

I'm legitimately asking this time lol.....not just a what if question, I have $2k to spend on subs, so what do you guys think i should go with? I'll even go with like 6 10's if thats what it'll take.

I reiterate that 4 15s will probably get you there unless its an epic fail... 4 15s 1000w rated 3" coils will let you pound away daily and still stretch em out on that 8K imo and still be small enough to no wall if the box req work.

155 aint easy especially on marginal electrical. So 4 15s might make up for any electrical deficiencies you got if you have the bare min to support your amp fine... make up for it with cone.

Eventually solidify your electrical and really enjoy the results... & gains

4 15's that are a small box requirement for a no wall setup...
VUYH2j.jpg

And that's one option... spend wisely
I'd just try to make the most out of your available power.

Last edited:
That's more what I'm leaning towards lol.....I plan on selling the tc and hopefully getting an s10....then I know I'll be able to achieve 155+ like its not ****

What if I went ahead and said fuuck it and got another md8k to go with them.....then would I be good? Cause I might have to do that

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200907-222757_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200907-222757_Samsung Internet.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 201
What else do you suggest I need to be capable of running two?

Opinions on the bank

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200908-103527_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200908-103527_Samsung Internet.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 188
What else do you suggest I need to be capable of running two?

Opinions on the bank
A dozen group 31 AGM or 160AH of YingLong or comparable lithium battery. If you're not going to be running multiple alternators you will not do much with supercap bank and that **** you linked there is definitely not a car audio cap bank.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.