two dd 9500 15's or one dd redline 800 18"?

ferguson621

Senior VIP Member
Feb 3, 2015
Olathe, ks
Car is a scion tc
Which would get louder?
I took my back seats out so I have more than enough room to work with
I just don't want to screw myself again
I have the chance to trade one 9500 for the redline 800 18", i know its the 9500 motor with a 4" coil, instead of 3", and plus i still haven't been able to hear my 9500's together, only one of them on 1000 watts, thats another reason I'm not sure on what I should do....
My amp is a taramps md8000.1

1aespinoza

May 22, 2013
Pharr, Texas
Car is a scion tc
Which would get louder?
I took my back seats out so I have more than enough room to work with
I just don't want to screw myself again
I have the chance to trade one 9500 for the redline 800 18", i know its the 9500 motor with a 4" coil, instead of 3", and plus i still haven't been able to hear my 9500's together, only one of them on 1000 watts, thats another reason I'm not sure on what I should do....
My amp is a taramps md8000.1
My mild ocd would not allow me to break up a set. Besides that, if you are using the entire passenger area, might as well stuff 2 15s in there.

Reactions: No Show
OP
F

ferguson621

Senior VIP Member
Feb 3, 2015
Olathe, ks
I should hopefully get my amp by Saturday, im running all the wire right now. I would take pictures but its far from tidy. This b1tch next door neighbor calls the cops on everyone around here that's loud in any way so my box looks like complete shi t. And I'm not the greatest at making my wiring look perfect and I have no help. Just myself.

OP
F

ferguson621

Senior VIP Member
Feb 3, 2015
Olathe, ks
Two DD 15's in that rig and amp should knock you out of the front seat.
I'm hoping for the best! I'm actually receiving it today! I checked yesterday and it said Wednesday of next week, I was so bummed lol.....and the anticipation was killing me so I checked it this morning and it said it was on the vehicle for delivery....i felt like crying lmao....ill most likely post some pictures of my progress just for the hell of it. Regardless if I get made fun of or not. All I give a shi t about is how loud its going to be....appearance means nothing to me as long as it makes me reach for the volume button because I can't catch my breathe lol.

Reactions: No Show

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Are you the same guy that tried building a wall awhile back and lost his fukking mind in the process?

OP
F

ferguson621

Senior VIP Member
Feb 3, 2015
Olathe, ks
Slo ride........unfortunately......yes, that was a not so great time of my life. Things are much better now.

Fuc k a wall lol

So i think my expectations are set way to high. Or maybe my box is shiit. I mean they're loud, but definitely not what I was expecting from the build logs and videos I've seen online. I've got money in the bank for anyone who wants to design me a better box. I dont care how much it'll be lol.

Reactions: Slo_Ride

blazian87

CarAudio.com Elite
10+ year member
Mar 12, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Slo ride........unfortunately......yes, that was a not so great time of my life. Things are much better now.

Fuc k a wall lol

So i think my expectations are set way to high. Or maybe my box is shiit. I mean they're loud, but definitely not what I was expecting from the build logs and videos I've seen online. I've got money in the bank for anyone who wants to design me a better box. I dont care how much it'll be lol.
With enough research and planning I’m sure you can design a better box. You can also ask shredder2, he helps out everyone with box designs here. Do you happen to remember what your box specs were before? Maybe your wall seal was not good or your port area too small or not enough power.

OP
F

ferguson621

Senior VIP Member
Feb 3, 2015
Olathe, ks
When I was attempting the wall I was lacking electrical for sure. I still need batteries, but I've got a 250 amp ho alternator with three runs of 2/0 for power, and two runs of 2/0 to the back to a batcap 4000, and two runs from amp to batcap. Well my pos is 4/0 with a 750amp anl. I just rechecked my box specs and they're way off.

Also there's a guy on Facebook that designs boxes, someone help me out, his name is hunter _____......one of you guys recommended him awhile ago, I think it was jeffdachef

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
F

ferguson621

Senior VIP Member
Feb 3, 2015
Olathe, ks
Nevermind shredder was able to provide me with plenty of references

Flame all you want lol, I was in a major hurry to hear them so I just slapped the box together in a few hours.....the next one I'll actually take my time and not rush anything since I'm paying for a design. I'm thinking about going with one horn tweeter and one 6.5 per door, or three super tweeters and a 6.5 per door.....ive got a set of dd cc3's I picked up for $40 still wrapped in the plastic. Ive never heard horn tweeters, would one horn be louder than three tweeters?

Attachments

Reactions: macsdad

blazian87

CarAudio.com Elite
10+ year member
Mar 12, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

Flame all you want lol, I was in a major hurry to hear them so I just slapped the box together in a few hours.....the next one I'll actually take my time and not rush anything since I'm paying for a design. I'm thinking about going with one horn tweeter and one 6.5 per door, or three super tweeters and a 6.5 per door.....ive got a set of dd cc3's I picked up for $40 still wrapped in the plastic. Ive never heard horn tweeters, would one horn be louder than three tweeters?
I feel like there's no need for 3 tweeters in a car. Horn tweeters are plenty loud by themselves. Can't wait to see your new enclosure when you build it. Have you ever thought of going aeroport instead of slot?

OP
F

ferguson621

Senior VIP Member
Feb 3, 2015
Olathe, ks
Perfect! Saves me a little money and frustration on making pods for them lol. Yes I've thought of going aero, definitely wouldn't be opposed.

blazian87

CarAudio.com Elite
10+ year member
Mar 12, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Perfect! Saves me a little money and frustration on making pods for them lol. Yes I've thought of going aero, definitely wouldn't be opposed.
Yeah you would really benefit from an aeroport design. Not only are they easy to design, but they can potentially make your setup louder for the given space. The best part is that you can easily adjust the tune without having to redesign the whole box. It works really well with subs up, port rear too. I do it the old fashion way without the fancy box calculators.. To get started all you do is use your max dimensions and design a simple sealed box. Make sure to use double baffle on your next build on your top layer cuz your current box looks a bit flimsy with those 2 15's laying on top. After you figure out your imaginary sealed box, then just account for sub displacement, bracing, and port..

shredder2

CarAudio.com Elite
Nov 19, 2017
Az

I'm curious... How did that quick box you knocked out do?

OP
F

ferguson621

Senior VIP Member
Feb 3, 2015
Olathe, ks
I'm curious... How did that quick box you knocked out do?
Lol im wondering if you ask that out of curiosity? Lmao.....eh it's.....decent, I absolutely dislike 40hz though lmao, it does great at 50hz, well atleast it seems like it. Then again I havent had the opportunity to listen to any real stereos. Considering I have no friends lol. And I don't go to any comps either.

And yeah it definitely needs a second baffle no doubt lol, pretty sure im getting a shiit ton of vibration from only having the single baffle. They sound hollowed in a sense. Probably because i used plywood instead of mdf with shiit for bracing. Maybe thats why im expecting more from them....

Ok so basically 7 cu ft sealed, how many aeros and what size/length?

Ok shredder I guess I could use your assistance if you didn't mind lol?

Max dimensions are 35 wide x 16 tall x 40 long

Last edited:

shredder2

CarAudio.com Elite
Nov 19, 2017
Az
Lol im wondering if you ask that out of curiosity? Lmao.....eh it's.....decent, I absolutely dislike 40hz though lmao, it does great at 50hz, well atleast it seems like it. Then again I havent had the opportunity to listen to any real stereos. Considering I have no friends lol. And I don't go to any comps either.

And yeah it definitely needs a second baffle no doubt lol, pretty sure im getting a shiit ton of vibration from only having the single baffle. They sound hollowed in a sense. Probably because i used plywood instead of mdf with shiit for bracing. Maybe thats why im expecting more from them....

Ok so basically 7 cu ft sealed, how many aeros and what size/length?

Ok shredder I guess I could use your assistance if you didn't mind lol?

Max dimensions are 35 wide x 16 tall x 40 long
I thought you were after a 155... Doing that on a md8k might require a higher "burp" tuning imo with your cone. Seriously... Knowing your cabin frequency and testing should get you there. But tuning lowish (35-38) with only an 8k amp and 2 9500 15s?
I'd think you'd stand a chance if wiring into the dirt was an option with a badass 8k like an Xs8k on strong electrical... & the enclosure would have to be on point as well.
What exactly are you after?.. 155 or 155 at 35hz?
You can conceivably do either, but one will cost a bit more than the other goal imo.

OP
F

ferguson621

Senior VIP Member
Feb 3, 2015
Olathe, ks
Lol well yeah....i said 155 because my head is in the clouds, I assumed that with it being a hatch, with a small cabin that it would be easily achievable with two 9515's.... and ive got roughly 6k after rise, ive seen videos of single subs doing 150 on less than 6k....i guess that's on burps.....what does it take to atleast do 150 on music? I sound like a god damnn idiot lol

What is considered "strong" electrical?

What would you classify my electrical as?
250 ho alternator
Two runs 2/0 welding to back
Two runs ground from amp
4/0 power from amp to batt
Optima red top (wasn't my choice, and lack of funds to get xs or kinetik etc at the moment)
Batcap 4000.....are these good? Picked it up for $50 brand new

I need to go try and get it metered, the three times I've called in the past couple years the local shop always tells me they can't meter brazillians because it fuccks the mic up or some bullshiit

How does this look shredder?

Attachments

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 8, Guests: 21)

• blazian87
  • dragon.breath
  • F
  • T
  • hispls
  • sherwood71

Trending Topics