• Total voters
    Participant count
  • Participant list

sforget

My system consists of:

Car: 1985 Pontiac Firebird

Head unit: Pioneer deh-1300 45X4 cd player

equalizer: Pyramid 7 band eq with sub level control

Amps: Jensen 300watt 2 channel amp 2X150 (bridgeable)

Pyramid 800watt 4channel amp 4X200 (bridgeable)

Pyramid 300watt 4 channel amp 2X60 2X90 (not bridgeable)

Speakers: factory 4X6's in the dash (plan to upgrade soon need $)

Pyramid 6X9's in store bought boxes in the hatch area 300watts max each

2 X Pyramid 10" subs 500 watts max each

1 jensen 10" sub 225 watts max

setup: I'm using the jensen 300 watt amp to power the 6X9's

The Pyramid subs are running off the 800 watt amp, I have the channels

bridged into 2X400 watt channels

The Jensen sub is running of the pyramid 300 watt amp (one of the 90 watt

channels

I have a second battery in trunk area under my sub box, along with my amps. My box is custom built and has 2 tubes running through it with fans to provide air circulation around my amps. The box is sealed.

My first question is: I just have the second battery wired in such: first battery + connected to second battery +, second battery + connected to all amps +. the first battery is in the factory location grounded to the alternator bracket(standard factory grounding. The second battery is grounded to the body in the back of the car, and al the amps are grounded to the negative terminal on the second battery. I have two fuses in the wire connecting the first and second battery, one just off of each battery. Is there any problem with this set up, or is it fine? There is no noise in the system except a slight hiss caused by the eq. which i have narrowed to grouding problem, but haven't had time to fix yet.

My second question is: can I hook up the 2 90 watt channels on the pyramid 300 to the one sub woofer. Ie channel 1 + to sub positive and channel 2 + to sub positive. and negatives done the same way?

I would appreciate any other advice you could give me also.

thank you

Originally posted by sforget I have two fuses in the wire connecting the first and second battery, one just off of each battery. Is there any problem with this set up, or is it fine? There is no noise in the system except a slight hiss caused by the eq. which i have narrowed to grouding problem, but haven't had time to fix yet.
it fine BUT the batteries should be same type, same age and same state of charge. Any difference could cause one of the batteries to do most of the discharging. Your alt will have LESS power for your system because your charging 2 batteries now.
My second question is: can I hook up the 2 90 watt channels on the pyramid 300 to the one sub woofer. Ie channel 1 + to sub positive and channel 2 + to sub positive. and negatives done the same way?
No if the amp can not be bridged---- doing that doesn't add power. This is because you need more voltage to make more power. Lets say each channel is +20v. simply connecting your speakers acroos 2 channels does not add the voltage. Just like your batteries wiring both positive poles don't give you 24v. the amp must be designed to invert the outer channel so it pulls -20v. Now when you connect across 2 channel you get 40v.

ok you are killing your system with the whole one alternator charging two battery setup

if you go to http://www.caraudiomag.com you will be able to find an article about having two alternators and two batteries this setup would be alot better than what you have now

you need an alternator and battery to run all of your car's needed systems then you have an additional alternator and battery for all the extras

if this doesnt make sense go read the article and it will

Originally posted by kingpin_jeffie ok you are killing your system with the whole one alternator charging two battery setup

if you go to http://www.caraudiomag.com you will be able to find an article about having two alternators and two batteries this setup would be alot better than what you have now

you need an alternator and battery to run all of your car's needed systems then you have an additional alternator and battery for all the extras

if this doesnt make sense go read the article and it will
it's much easier to run the system from 1 battery. which would be fine

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...