Two 18 Tc sounds vid

Yeah, unless his reactive is like .5, i doubt he will be getting a true 4500+ out of those amps. I still dont believe those amps are SOOO overbuilt that they put out 1500 watts OVER what they are rated at...but then again, thats just me.

I had a pair of current hog SoundStream 6500's, 5nsb 125's and a 180 amp alt, and i never dip below 12v even on a 10 min demo at full tilt. Hes got a good bit of juice in there, but i cant figure out what he still plays in the 39.9 class, and not the 49.9

oh really? you know becuase you ahve ran the lms ultras? ya. doubt it.
Nope....never have

Hmmmmm... DOUBTFUL. Also something else you aren't looking into is the box plays a MAJOR factor into the power handling

Well...thank god your not him...just watch and learn when he gets them all and starts putting vids up

Than you to can hug in the corner in a cold sweat thinking how could this happen, how could they take that power

Big systems have what I call a 'flee factor'. When the bass initially hits, the instinct for many people is to flee. He started to flee, then overcame it and stayed.
"flee factor".....

People are just pu$$y's then lol. Ive sat in Assmans F150, Bob Perillo's van, and never had a problem (other then keeping my hat on, the pressure always seems to blow it off)

i got a demo today... With the two ultra's and 4 3000's.

Also took a vid of him bassracing 149.8. The lms's took all 4-5(can't remember) runs fine.

I'm sure if he was using a more spl oriented tune the 149 class would be a little easier for him.

Nope....never have

Well...thank god your not him...just watch and learn when he gets them all and starts putting vids up

Than you to can hug in the corner in a cold sweat thinking how could this happen, how could they take that power
Hmmm I HIGHLY doubt they will take that power. And yes I didn't say it wouldn't take 4 sundown 3000's. First off the wired ohm matters .. then voltage... imp rise at the freq he is using. He could literally be getting 1500 watts from each amp if he is dropping to 11 volts. Even if wired 1 ohm per amp if his peak notes there was around his imp spike he could be seeing 4 to 6 ohms on the amp. Let me see him clamp it and see it total 9,000 watts and watch him play it like that and watch them take it with no problem for long periods of time... Heck even for 2 15 second tones on the same note. Bet ya see the pretty smoke. And do you realize for music that sub should reach it's mechanical limits FAR before 9,000 watts at most freq unless it is inefficient as hell. Now not saying not AMAZING subs and AMAZING set up. But come on. maybe you are talking about a "wired" 9,000 per sub which as I said could see as little as 3,000 (still impressive)

Nope....never have

are you retarded? i OWN lms ultras. they wont handle 9kw true power for long. trust me. i have pics of what happens to the lead wires, if you dont want to believe it:laugh:

Watch those vids please both of you......yeh 9k true watts....im sure they wont...but the arguement was 2 3000ds....not if theyll take 9k watts

And clearly they are taking it.....just watch the vids and shhhh for now

Hmmmm No actually the debate was whether it would handle a true 7KW. Sorry about posting 9kw .. I was tired last night and was reading where somebody else said 9kw is what he should be getting. Even a true 7kw I highly doubt it

Hmmmm No actually the debate was whether it would handle a true 7KW. Sorry about posting 9kw .. I was tired last night and was reading where somebody else said 9kw is what he should be getting. Even a true 7kw I highly doubt it
Well...they are taking 2 3000ds strapped for bass race runs all day full tilt...so depending on what he has them at and what the rise it...still taking an awful lot more than the 4000k you said theyd not be able to take

amps are strapped at half an ohm per amp so 1 ohm per pair and his voltage is staying about float point so the only factor should be box, impedence and rise from the frequency hes playing. also according to what SS says on the new audio pulse forum is that the subs will take the 9k but this is what he says that 25k watts was put into a 5400 ultra without failure, this is what he says again. http://www.audiopulse.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.