Tweeter recommendations

Participant count
  • Participant list

SlugButter

CarAudio.com VIP
arizona
I purchased some bamboo paper cone Tang Band 3.5 inch full range speakers to run as a midrange in a 3 way active front stage. Made some temporary pods from the 3 inch cardboard core from my sound deadener, since the cutout is 3 inches for the speaker. I don’t have the 8 channel amp I am going to use as of yet so I decided to run these wide range from 250-20,000 HZ just to test them out. Midbass is CDT 6x9 woofers. These Tang Bands have better highs than my Dayton audio tweeters do. I’m almost considering going without a tweeter now at all and possibly doing dual sets of these on the side of the pillar. It’s hard to believe a speaker without a tweeter would sound better than actual tweeters. Now it looks like I’m in the market for a much better tweeter. Something in the 50 watt area give or take. recommendations would be welcomed.
EA2C37E4-21F3-4059-AC91-3EDB17CCE100.jpeg
AE204BAC-EBED-4A8F-A9F2-1A6FDF85C187.jpeg
B36A7B37-C1C1-4CA0-8218-4AB005212AB9.jpeg

Boss Audio TW-12. I have a set with some Blues Audio components and they blend awesome. I got them at Autozone for $21.
Those Tang look fancy in the pods.
They are pretty cool speakers. The magnet is almost as large as the cutout which made them a little difficult. I had to solder the wire on because the spade connectors wouldn’t clear the cutout. They can handle some good wattage with the high pass crossover set at 250 HZ.

Last edited:
Boss Audio TW-12. I have a set with some Blues Audio components and they blend awesome. I got them at Autozone for $21.
Those Tang look fancy in the pods.
I actually have a set of Dayton soft dome and Dayton metal dome tweeters. The soft domes is what I was running and they sounded ok with a 3500 HPF. Maybe if I run the Dayton tweeters at a much higher crossover they will sound better.

I actually have a set of Dayton soft dome and Dayton metal dome tweeters. The soft domes is what I was running and they sounded ok with a 3500 HPF. Maybe if I run the Dayton tweeters at a much higher crossover they will sound better.
I prefer soft dome for metal domes tend to be harsh to my ears. The bigger the tweeter's diameter the better it plays with the 3500 Hz x-over point.

I purchased some bamboo paper cone Tang Band 3.5 inch full range speakers to run as a midrange in a 3 way active front stage. Made some temporary pods from the 3 inch cardboard core from my sound deadener, since the cutout is 3 inches for the speaker. I don’t have the 8 channel amp I am going to use as of yet so I decided to run these wide range from 250-20,000 HZ just to test them out. Midbass is CDT 6x9 woofers. These Tang Bands have better highs than my Dayton audio tweeters do. I’m almost considering going without a tweeter now at all and possibly doing dual sets of these on the side of the pillar. It’s hard to believe a speaker without a tweeter would sound better than actual tweeters. Now it looks like I’m in the market for a much better tweeter. Something in the 50 watt area give or take. recommendations would be welcomed.
View attachment 48612View attachment 48613View attachment 48614
Those are really sweet looking mids.

Downside for you - these are 15w RMS

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...