Tweeter mounting location??

Participant count
  • Participant list

mrmagoo_83
10+ year member

In my single cab pickup where should I mount the tweets? I have the 6.5" mids in the doors, should I also put them there, or that little sail panel, or the A frame? The mount flush, surface or wedge. I have no idea on where or how these things are supposed to be mounted. I dont have kickpanels to put them in, so I am trying to find somewhere else. Thanks

my advise is the check out q logics web site and see if they have a kick panel box for your particular truck and if they do then mount them there....or you can mount the tweeters pretty much anywhere....it depends on if you want good imaging or what....for the best imaging its recomended to have them no farther than 6" from the midrange speaker they are accompanying...wish i could spell today....good luck

keep the tweets as close to the 6.5's as possible. i flushed mine into the doors about 2" above the 6.5's and they sound great (at least on my side of the truck!). kick panel mounting is a good way to go for sq, but you lose a little too much legroom for my tastes....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.