Tweeter hiss noise, is this normal?

I'll find out...
Gain was about 75% clockwise on the amp, I turned it to full counter clockwise and it didn't seem to make any difference. Any suggestions to what I should try next? The installer suggested higher quality RCA cables; I'm guessing they mean twisted pair. I'm not sure what I have in their now since the casing is opaque.

The hissing noise only comes from the tweeters, i hear nothing at all from the woofer in the component install up front. I do hear the hiss sound from the coaxial's installed in the rear passenger seating area; I'm guessing this is from the tweeters in those.

The tweeters in the front component are closer to my ear because they are in my door (2008 Rav4) , http://i.imgur.com/LiRAC3R.png

But I can even ear the hiss if I cover up the left driver side tweeter with my hand, but not the right tweeter. When I have my friend cover up the passenger tweeter while I cover up the driver tweeter with my hand, the i cant hear the white noise

It's just slightly annoying and I'd like to fix it somehow

Lowend rcas can cause this, but most of the time its the speaker wire used during install.

If the speaker wire is lowend and is near the door window motor or by power wires you will hear a faint hiss noise especially from tweeters.

If it was the rca then it would get louder by engine going faster or when gains are high enough to produce an amplified sound.

If its the same with the gain all the way down 99% time its the speaker wires.

Lowend rcas can cause this, but most of the time its the speaker wire used during install.
If the speaker wire is lowend and is near the door window motor or by power wires you will hear a faint hiss noise especially from tweeters.

If it was the rca then it would get louder by engine going faster or when gains are high enough to produce an amplified sound.

If its the same with the gain all the way down 99% time its the speaker wires.
Interesting, thank you. On the receipt it says "9wire 4 spkr wires & remote in" x5. I have no idea what that means. Does that sound like decent enough speaker wire to you? I dont know what 9wire means

Interesting, thank you. On the receipt it says "9wire 4 spkr wires & remote in" x5. I have no idea what that means. Does that sound like decent enough speaker wire to you? I dont know what 9wire means
I am as baffled as you are on that one.

You will have to ask the installer directly or take a trip into your vehicle and see how everything is setup and identify the wires your self.

I am as baffled as you are on that one.
You will have to ask the installer directly or take a trip into your vehicle and see how everything is setup and identify the wires your self.
Oh ok, what kind of speaker wire should I have for a quality installation? A certain gauge wire? Or some other attributes?

Oh ok, what kind of speaker wire should I have for a quality installation? A certain gauge wire? Or some other attributes?
All depends on money, but like any other products there are some very lowend product brands or products from a certain brand you dont touch.

All depends on money, but like any other products there are some very lowend product brands or products from a certain brand you dont touch.
I thought speaker wires (copper) are simplistic, to where specifications (on paper) are enough to judge the quality of the product. no?

I thought speaker wires (copper) are simplistic, to where specifications (on paper) are enough to judge the quality of the product. no?
You have copper and silver plated aluminum and bronze.

When it comes to copper wire it can be copper with aluminum (cca) or pure copper (ofc).

Two different brands can offer 12g wire with pure copper, but one can be 125 strands and the other 180 strands.

The more strands on an OFC wire the more power can travel and most of the time is more resistant to outside noise.

You have copper and silver plated aluminum and bronze.
When it comes to copper wire it can be copper with aluminum (cca) or pure copper (ofc).

Two different brands can offer 12g wire with pure copper, but one can be 125 strands and the other 180 strands.

The more strands on an OFC wire the more power can travel and most of the time is more resistant to outside noise.
ohhhh, i see. Thanks

I got much better RCA cables installed. It made a small difference. Probably about ~10-20% quieter. Could even be placebo effect. i dont have any objective data

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.