Tuning

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tmal83

CarAudio.com Newbie
Utah
Hello everyone I have recently acquired a setup and would love some direction on tuning I have 2 skar audio zvx 2 D2 12" subs in skar armored enclosure powered by the skar 1200.1d amplifier and 2 farad capacitor but seem to be missing lower bass lines any help on tuning would be greatly appreciated thanks

Hello everyone I have recently acquired a setup and would love some direction on tuning I have 2 skar audio zvx 2 D2 12" subs in skar armored enclosure powered by the skar 1200.1d amplifier and 2 farad capacitor but seem to be missing lower bass lines any help on tuning would be greatly appreciated thanks
That 1200 watt amp won’t be able to push even 1 ZVX. You’ll need a strong 3k amp and a good AGM battery. The capacitor isn’t helping at all. A better enclosure is probably something to look at in the future also. I just finished a box for 2 ZVX 12s a few weeks ago. They are pretty damn loud if you get them in a good install.
46A648EF-CC2B-4D53-A366-AB5F90D402CF.jpeg

That 1200 watt amp won’t be able to push even 1 ZVX. You’ll need a strong 3k amp and a good AGM battery. The capacitor isn’t helping at all. A better enclosure is probably something to look at in the future also. I just finished a box for 2 ZVX 12s a few weeks ago. They are pretty damn loud if you get them in a good install.
View attachment 45020
Thank you for your help

Is that a sealed enclosure? Or Ported? What are the specs on the enclosure? As stated.. you need some power for those subs to serve any justice and a well tuned enclosure

Is that a sealed enclosure? Or Ported? What are the specs on the enclosure? As stated.. you need some power for those subs to serve any justice and a well tuned enclosure
Ported enclosure

Attachments

• 16698438124896597470636384969923.jpg
    16698438124896597470636384969923.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
So when I turn it up past certain volume or I get to certain low baselines it goes into protect mode I get the clipping I was thinking that maybe I was smothering the subwoofer with too small of an enclosure if it's clipping am I draining that 1200.1 completely or do I have another issue

So when I turn it up past certain volume or I get to certain low baselines it goes into protect mode I get the clipping I was thinking that maybe I was smothering the subwoofer with too small of an enclosure if it's clipping am I draining that 1200.1 completely or do I have another issue
That sounds like a voltage drop issue. Enclosure is another possible issue but the enclosure won’t cause clipping.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...