Tuning the Alpine PXA-H800 DSP

JohnKuthe

CarAudio.com Veteran
Missouri
I figured I'd start a new thread on this.

My system is installed, finally. Got a guy Tim with Custom Sounds here in St Louis MO helping me get this POS DSP to actually WORK! Tim has a laptop PC with the Sound Manger program actually working via the laptop's USB to configure this POS DSP, and so far Tim has my two top of the dash 5.25" speakers and their tweeters I think working (at this time passively EQed via their own passive crossovers) but nothing else as far as I can tell in my system. And these speakers' EQ is horrible! Sounds like a band-limited subwoofer signal to the WRONG speakers!

I've made a tentative appt to drop off my car next Tues to let Tim work on it more, which he told me might be the best way to get this POS system of mine actually working adequately. I really need someone very familiar with the Alpine PXA-H800 (and Tim seems to be my best bet at this point) to set it up and make it work for me because the Alpine instructions are BS!! The Alpine instructions tell me about a zillion things I DON'T want to do, and hardly anything locatable to do what I DO want to do! :-(

OK, lay into me, I know some of you will. :-(

John Kuthe...

The PXA-H800 is quite a fine DSP…the only POS in this scenario is the owner/idiot and his 'installer-guy' who have no idea what they're doing.

You have the inputs and outputs set up wrong…you have the RCA inputs wrong as well…YOU'VE BEEN TOLD ALL OF THIS AND ALL OF THE REMEDIES…you CHOOSE to ignore this advice and now you're stuck with all this equipment in your car that you can't even get running correctly…and you're calling the DSP a POS…

…you're a f u c k i n g idiot.

The problem isn't the equipment…the problem is you.

Is there a question? Or does this belong in your build log?
Kind of implied question: is there an easy to follow configuration and adjustment instruction anywhere for the Alpine PXA-H800, because the Alpine Owner's Manual is almost 100 pages of mostly does not apply to my system.

John Kuthe...

The PXA-H800 is quite a fine DSP…the only POS in this scenario is the owner/idiot and his 'installer-guy' who have no idea what they're doing.
You have the inputs and outputs set up wrong…you have the RCA inputs wrong as well…YOU'VE BEEN TOLD ALL OF THIS AND ALL OF THE REMEDIES…you CHOOSE to ignore this advice and now you're stuck with all this equipment in your car that you can't even get running correctly…and you're calling the DSP a POS…
How then would I optimally use the two 4 channel Alpine amps I have and the subwoofer off the PDX-V9? Do I have to get a separate sub amp? This is kind of what I'm suspecting. Makes more sense, I mean how is the DSP gonna effectively locate the subwoofer speaker if it's hiding behind one of the amps? Some help with my existing equipment would be much appreciated.

…you're a f u c k i n g idiot.

The problem isn't the equipment…the problem is you.
And I am supposed to respect this? ROFL!!! Hardly!

Do you kiss your mother with that mouth? ;-)

John Kuthe...

I figured I'd start a new thread on this.
My system is installed, finally. Got a guy Tim with Custom Sounds here in St Louis MO helping me get this POS DSP to actually WORK! Tim has a laptop PC with the Sound Manger program actually working via the laptop's USB to configure this POS DSP, and so far Tim has my two top of the dash 5.25" speakers and their tweeters I think working (at this time passively EQed via their own passive crossovers) but nothing else as far as I can tell in my system. And these speakers' EQ is horrible! Sounds like a band-limited subwoofer signal to the WRONG speakers!

I've made a tentative appt to drop off my car next Tues to let Tim work on it more, which he told me might be the best way to get this POS system of mine actually working adequately. I really need someone very familiar with the Alpine PXA-H800 (and Tim seems to be my best bet at this point) to set it up and make it work for me because the Alpine instructions are BS!! The Alpine instructions tell me about a zillion things I DON'T want to do, and hardly anything locatable to do what I DO want to do! :-(

OK, lay into me, I know some of you will. :-(

John Kuthe...
oh no there you go again !! ''Installer guy'' has now become '' Tim'' //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Sounds like a band-limited subwoofer signal to the WRONG speakers!
Since you have all 6 pre-out wired to the DSP, is it possible that the signal of your sub pre-out is assigned to your speakers ?

You need to assign the right Input to the right Ouput....if you set the DSP to build a full-range signal for the ''A'' Output with the signal of the ''A'' input and the ''A'' input is actually wired to the sub pre-out of your HU, you're fucked.

And I am supposed to respect this? ROFL!!! Hardly!
Do you kiss your mother with that mouth? ;-)

John Kuthe...
All of your questions have been answered…people have told you over and over how to fix your $hit…people have provided links, advice, step-by-step directions and you still can't figure it out.

You are a F U C K I N G I D I O T !!!

You claim to be an engineer, have multiple degrees, dispense advice on multiple forums on subjects you know NOTHING about….and yet you still can't even get your $hit to work!!!

Tell 'Tim' to hop on the forum and read through your 'build' log and every bit of info he needs to fix your hack-job.

You are literally too stupid to read and understand a manual.

How then would I optimally use the two 4 channel Alpine amps I have and the subwoofer off the PDX-V9? Do I have to get a separate sub amp? This is kind of what I'm suspecting. Makes more sense, I mean how is the DSP gonna effectively locate the subwoofer speaker if it's hiding behind one of the amps? Some help with my existing equipment would be much appreciated.

Run a SINGLE set of RCA's from the FRONT output of the HU. Run your RCA out's from the PXA as needed…you have (8) RCA's to work with. They can be configured in a number of ways. (1) RCA output will be needed for your sub, that leaves you (7) RCA outs left to assign. You can assign (3) pairs and (1) center) or you can set the 'center' as a second sub output.

I have no problem giving you useful and accurate info…but you need to be able to LISTEN to the advice…believe it or not I (like many others) have this equipment and know what we're talking about.

All of your questions have been answered…people have told you over and over how to fix your $hit…people have provided links, advice, step-by-step directions and you still can't figure it out.
You are a F U C K I N G I D I O T !!!

You claim to be an engineer, have multiple degrees, dispense advice on multiple forums on subjects you know NOTHING about….and yet you still can't even get your $hit to work!!!

Tell 'Tim' to hop on the forum and read through your 'build' log and every bit of info he needs to fix your hack-job.

You are literally too stupid to read and understand a manual.
You are impossible.

John Kuthe...

That may very well be true, I have (2) ex-wives that would agree…but at least I know what I'm doing and know who to get my system running properly.
Be nice. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/santa.gif.e1ec9cf2e0a0dd232ad35aa594a126d0.gif

Run a SINGLE set of RCA's from the FRONT output of the HU. Run your RCA out's from the PXA as needed…you have (8) RCA's to work with. They can be configured in a number of ways. (1) RCA output will be needed for your sub, that leaves you (7) RCA outs left to assign. You can assign (3) pairs and (1) center) or you can set the 'center' as a second sub output.
Yep, that makes sense six ins and eight outs for the DSP. But is that not the setup for full active? I'm wanting to start with passive which is all I'm trying to get to work now with how I have my system set up. And I can easily and quickly test the "Run a SINGLE set of RCA's from the FRONT output of the HU" by just unplugging the rears and subwoofer RCAs from the DSP. Then all I';d have is the two Front RCA signals from the HU to the DSP. Although I can'

t imagine why they hurt anything.

I have no problem giving you useful and accurate info…but you need to be able to LISTEN to the advice…believe it or not I (like many others) have this equipment and know what we're talking about.
The "but you need to be able to LISTEN to the advice" part is because I tend not to listen when personally attacked! I go into personal defense mode and I'm quite good at it too!

John Kuthe...

... I still can't get over some of the words that are censored.
Yeah, it's funny! Somewhere embedded in code is some pattern matching and criteria to replace all characters with '*'. I know, I have written such command line programs in my first co-op job. When a co-op with the company a second time someone on my team said they were having problems with the program I'd written with truing to input the word "Lasso"! I knew immediately what the fix was too, to not reject the string '***' when it's embedded in the string "lasso"!

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.