Tuning vintage amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

lliamiskool

CarAudio.com Recruit
Hi all, I’m pretty new to car audio, and I recently picked up a 400W urban ux-2075 amp that’s very old and a 12” MTX sub made in 1999. I know it’s very old, but I figured I can’t go wrong for $30. As for tuning the amp, the only adjustment is one knob labeled “x over” does anyone have an idea how to tune it? I researched online but nothing is exactly what I have. Any help would be much appreciated thank you

Make sure on your Xover that you place any switch to LPF if you are going to bridge to use for mono/bridged on a sub, and make sure you use the correct terminals for "Bridged for any two ch or?4 when bridging for Lows. Let me look it up to see if I can find that amp. Should be pretty straight forward

Place the Xover switch to LOW for Bridging for the sub and follow the wiring diagram for + and - to place the sub in 4 ohm mono/bridged. If the wiring diagram is legible on the bottom of the amplifier utilize that diagram.

Here’s the pic

Attachments

• IMG_9058.jpeg
    IMG_9058.jpeg
    608.7 KB · Views: 18
Here’s the pic
Man.. Looks to be in pretty nice condition from what i can see. I would place that Gain level down to approx the 9 or 10 O'Clock position to begin with rather that where it is atm. Keep from damaging your sub right off the bat, man. But Yes, place that switch to LOW for the bridged /mono setting for your sub

She will play a little warm bridged. id place two strips of 1/2" plywood under the top and bottom on each side of the amp mounting holes and secure it down to let some air get underneath and circulate to help dissipate heat. even if its like 4-5 washers, enough to get it off the flat surface will help

Man.. Looks to be in pretty nice condition from what i can see. I would place that Gain level down to approx the 9 or 10 O'Clock position to begin with rather that where it is atm. Keep from damaging your sub right off the bat, man. But Yes, place that switch to LOW for the bridged /mono setting for your sub
Will do. Just to confirm, the gain is the knob that’s labeled “level” correct?

She will play a little warm bridged. id place two strips of 1/2" plywood under the top and bottom on each side of the amp mounting holes and secure it down to let some air get underneath and circulate to help dissipate heat. even if its like 4-5 washers, enough to get it off the flat surface will help
Ok will do!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...