Tuning ported boxes

Participant count
  • Participants list
depends what you like to listen to. obviously the recommended tuning for the sub is good but if your like me and like the LOWS then you might wanna make your box a little bigger than recommended and tune it a little lower. or if you want both lows and still the a bit of the highs. u can make the box a little bigger and tune it to specs.. that way your sub can move more air (with the extra space). and still retain some sq.

depends what you like to listen to. obviously the recommended tuning for the sub is good but if your like me and like the LOWS then you might wanna make your box a little bigger than recommended and tune it a little lower. or if you want both lows and still the a bit of the highs. u can make the box a little bigger and tune it to specs.. that way your sub can move more air (with the extra space). and still retain some sq.
Love the lows, but highs are nice so I stick with 12s. Do you run your systems at 1 ohm generally

Naw at the moment just for some bass i have a single type r in a sealed box running off a boss 3800 onyx amp (yes boss dont laugh). i just got this car about 4 months ago after an accident in my old one and just finally came up on some money and tax returns to start actually building the system. Looking for 12's as well and will be running a pair on 1 ohm/ maybe half if big enough amp.

the tuning frequency is the frequency at which the enclosure will start to build compression. Granted, you can play lower than the tuning frequency but a large loss of spl usually occurs, and possible unloading. The tuning of a port is the combination of port area, and length. make sure that you keep the length to width ration of a slot port under 1:12. The closer you are to a 1:1 ratio the better. I hope that this helps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.