Tuning Help?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jonnys009

Hey everyone - was hoping someone way more knowledgeable than myself could help me in figuring out what could be off here...

Usually my system sounds great... however sometimes female vocals will sound a little *echo-ey* if that makes any sense. Anyone know what could be possibly causing this?

Pioneer AVH 5700. Most settings have been messed with. Time alignment set by measuring (set in inches), loudness at low, rear speakers set at -9db adjustment, crossovers set front @80hz, rear @100hz, sub @80hz, eq set by ear, listening position set to driver seat... probably forgetting others.

[quote name='Jonnys009']Pioneer AVH 5700. Most settings have been messed with. Time alignment set by measuring (set in inches), loudness at low, rear speakers set at -9db adjustment, crossovers set front @80hz, rear @100hz, sub @80hz, eq set by ear, listening position set to driver seat... probably forgetting others.[/QUOTE]
well i hoped someone that knows your hu would chime in after u posted it. doubt it'll matter but put rears to 0db and use fader to fade to front.. while doing that fade to each speaker and see if it's just 1 speakers doing it.. my hu has car size/type, sound enhancer and lots of other things like that turn all those off see if it's better.. on the time alignment make sure u have those set right and then change position to all see if that helps (i left mine on driver side too)

Interesting point. Setting everything to 0 and balance fader to individual speakers, front left may be a little muddy compared to front right. I’ll have to get back in there and take a look.

I would leave the rear alone and focus on the front, which is where most of your sound comes from. 80Hz for the front seems odd.

some guys here will have hp set lower cause they have nicer speakers i set mine at 100-120hz i have cheap coax.. 80 is ok as long as u don't hear any distortion if u do raise it to 120 see if that helps if so maybe that was the problem.. u do have a sub right? if so let that play 100hz down

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.