trying to pick the right subwoofer

that's fine. I'm wondering what would be some other 12's that would have the same sql/spl and hit the lows as the re xxx12's. was looking at a few.
-fi ssd4 12
-fi x3 12 the first or second version
-sundown u series 12
-skar vfx 12, but lacking that xmax
was looking to run 3 12's.

all I have is the 2 re xxx12's. would those suffice or any of those options above or better options out there that are comparable to re's?

actually no believe it or not.

after spending already 2.5k in subs and with only wanting to dump 2k more into it I want to make sure I get it right this time and not waste anymore money. really at a toss up between the fi's x3 12's and just running the re's but it's just two not sure it'll be what I'm looking for. very loud deep bass and sq.

so looking for advice from ppl who's been in the game much longer than I and have that knowledge to share....

just want what's gonna be loudest and sound the best.
Direct comparison 3 12s will be louder than 2.
Would I dump 2 xxx's for 3 other subs. No. 3 subs will give you an odd ohm load and interesting box build anyway.
I would give the re's a chance before you go buying a whole new setup.

okay I'm going to give them a shot. how many cubes per one would be best? from what I've been reading is 3 cubes per sub at around 18-22sq" port area. that sound right?

okay I'm going to give them a shot. how many cubes per one would be best? from what I've been reading is 3 cubes per sub at around 18-22sq" port area. that sound right?
2021-12-14-11-36-18-026.jpg

i have a Fi Xv3, i use it for home theater. its def nice but no XXX

i also have a RE SE, its similar to the Xv3. again, its nice but no XXX

Last edited:
9.4 sq inches of port per cube? That sounds like the big CHUFF
Shame on RE for that.
Well they are the company that designs and makes the subs so it's hard for me to argue with them. You think they would purposely make their subs sound like @ss? Of course not. Not all subs need massive port area. Actually most subs don't need anywhere near what the people here seem to think. Certainly not 18 per cube. To be honest though the rest of the manual is even weirder.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...