trying to pick the right subwoofer

fwiw, using BBP, heres 1 12" XXX in 1 cuft off 2000 watts

things nasty. thats like 4-5 dbs louder than my SE o_O

Well they are the company that designs and makes the subs so it's hard for me to argue with them. You think they would purposely make their subs sound like @ss? Of course not. Not all subs need massive port area. Actually most subs don't need anywhere near what the people here seem to think. Certainly not 18 per cube. To be honest though the rest of the manual is even weirder.
I guess I can't say i know their subs better than they do. If I had to fathom a guess I'd say that box is designed for less power. Like 1000 watts per sub

thank u for the box tips. for port I was going off of the triticums improved port area calculator and cubes per sub was everyones recommendations from various places. I'm hoping to pick up a 3rd xxx 12 dual 2. then with 3 in about 9 cubes net and 6k watts rms. should be a nice sq/spl. looking at one currently 4 hrs away 1 way. ugh.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...