Trying to look for the better sq sub on a budget

Unfortunately they don't ship to hawaii :(

I feel you bradda lol we just got to bite the bullet for all of our car **** 😂 especially when it comes to subs! A lot of these guys recommended the Dayton HO or Adire Brahma but I see your budget is $200.

Whats the better bet for sq subwoofer?
Budget 200$
Size 10" but prefer an 8"
Toyota frs
I was looking into sundown 8"
Or skar
Or even jl but idk if anhthing lower than a w7 is good like the w3 is worth the buy etc
Or any other brands out there that fits the bill if you can help

If you want one that can take some power, then, take a look at this one. 1,000 watts rms. $175 on Amazon
20200916_224715.jpg

Last edited:
Imma go out on a limb and say an alpine type R, surely hawaii has that. Its pretty much middle of the road for sq and spl in its class an all rounder sub that's not enclosure picky.
I think the weak link here is going to be the Hawaii part. Everything there is extra expensive because it's an island that's way far away from the rest of the country.

Nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. I can't imagine he's getting wood and other box building supplies for cheap either.

I have an Eclipse SW8000 LMS 10inch LNIB for $200 plus shipping....nothing gets down like an LMS subwoofer. Very clean, very low extension.

You should also consider the Alpine Type S, underhung, inexpensive, good output.

Whats the better bet for sq subwoofer?
Budget 200$
Size 10" but prefer an 8"
Toyota frs
I was looking into sundown 8"
Or skar
Or even jl but idk if anhthing lower than a w7 is good like the w3 is worth the buy etc
Or any other brands out there that fits the bill if you can help
My friend I've got a solution for you. I have a JL Audio 10W7ae with your name on it. Reduced to $450.00

SQ and kicker don’t belong together in my opinion. Get the Dayton HO 10. Not very deep and requires tiny boxes.
Not sure why. If the system is tuned properly with the appropriate wattage for the listeners preference then there's no reason Kicker gear would be out of the question. 8" Solobaric in a small sealed enclosure would certainly work well in an SQ situation.

Not sure why. If the system is tuned properly with the appropriate wattage for the listeners preference then there's no reason Kicker gear would be out of the question. 8" Solobaric in a small sealed enclosure would certainly work well in an SQ situation.
its inherently not balanced for SQ from the TS specs from the start. Even with optimal install and ideal enclosure/loading applications, group delay and overall bandwidth/tonality is going to be far below an actual SQ sub in a mediocre install is the difference. Kicker is a daily ground pounder that appeals to average joes. However it will get stomped in SQ lanes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.