trying to figure out which fuses to tap into

mcf57

10+ year member
Aug 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I have a Kenwood KOS-A300 Factory Radio Upgrade System. It used to be in a Honda Odyssey and worked great. Sold the vehicle, but pulled this Kenwood system out before I sold it.

It has red and yellow wires so needs to be directly hooked into the fuse box for power. I did this for the Honda, but I am looking to now install it in a 1994 Nissan pickup.  Not sure which fuses to tap into though. Is there any way of getting a hold of some sort of fuse diagram for this vehicle? And which ones would I tap into for each wire (red and yellow)?

OP
mcf57

mcf57

10+ year member
Aug 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
there is no "harness" available as its an auxilary add-on component. Plugs into an AUX port on the car stereo. Here is what I am referring to:

KENWOOD KOS-A300

It still needs some sort of power via its own yellow and red cables

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
there is no "harness" available as its an auxilary add-on component. Plugs into an AUX port on the car stereo. Here is what I am referring to:

KENWOOD KOS-A300

It still needs some sort of power via its own yellow and red cables
you need to run a cable directly to the battery positive and negative.  Get a multi-meter and test each fuse and see the voltage readings with the car off, mark it off on a list. Then turn the car on and measure voltage readings again. Anything that has a voltage reading only after the car turns on is a remote turn on. 

OP
mcf57

mcf57

10+ year member
Aug 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
you need to run a cable directly to the battery positive and negative.  Get a multi-meter and test each fuse and see the voltage readings with the car off, mark it off on a list. Then turn the car on and measure voltage readings again. Anything that has a voltage reading only after the car turns on is a remote turn on. 
OK, I may be able to do this, but I just thought of something else that may actually work better. I installed a Pioneer radio in this truck years ago. Did it all myself so can easily take out the head unit. Was then thinking maybe I could just tap into the current red and yellow wires that are connecting this Pioneer radio via its wire harness. Would this possibly work as well?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds