Adding a battery for dummies (me)

Jeremy11

Apr 13, 2018
Loganville,GA
Well so as the title says. What is the best/proper way to add a second battery in the trunk? Any wiring diagrams and instructions or tips would be greatly appreciated. Please let he know of any info needed.

Thanks

Jeremy

Popwarhomie

Team Lethal Pressure
Jan 22, 2010
Florida
Positive from front battery to rear battery positive. Ground rear battery to frame. 

Fuse the power wire at BOTH batteries. 

Popwarhomie

Team Lethal Pressure
Jan 22, 2010
Florida
Until you get in a wreck and your fender pinches your power wire and catches the car on fire. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeremy11

Apr 13, 2018
Loganville,GA
Positive from front battery to rear battery positive. Ground rear battery to frame. 

Fuse the power wire at BOTH batteries. 
So thats it? And just wire the amps off the second one? Now I'm not doing a super spl system probably 4k watts total,  what type of batteries should I use?

Ripkon

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Apr 11, 2019
Virginia
I was about to ask the same thing. I received my 1/0 Gauge wire today and my battery tomorrow. Guess i need to order some fuses for 1/0 as ill be using 4ga for now with my amp. Im doing this so when i upgrade subs and amp it will already be done. Do you recommend running the wire under the car for this?

Popwarhomie

Team Lethal Pressure
Jan 22, 2010
Florida
For my cars I always run the wire inside. For my trucks with actual frames I run them outside along the frame and through a grommet on the bottom of the cab.