trying to figure out which fuses to tap into

Participant count
  • Participant list

mcf57
10+ year member

I have a Kenwood KOS-A300 Factory Radio Upgrade System. It used to be in a Honda Odyssey and worked great. Sold the vehicle, but pulled this Kenwood system out before I sold it.

It has red and yellow wires so needs to be directly hooked into the fuse box for power. I did this for the Honda, but I am looking to now install it in a 1994 Nissan pickup.  Not sure which fuses to tap into though. Is there any way of getting a hold of some sort of fuse diagram for this vehicle? And which ones would I tap into for each wire (red and yellow)?

there is no "harness" available as its an auxilary add-on component. Plugs into an AUX port on the car stereo. Here is what I am referring to:

KENWOOD KOS-A300

It still needs some sort of power via its own yellow and red cables

there is no "harness" available as its an auxilary add-on component. Plugs into an AUX port on the car stereo. Here is what I am referring to:

KENWOOD KOS-A300

It still needs some sort of power via its own yellow and red cables
you need to run a cable directly to the battery positive and negative.  Get a multi-meter and test each fuse and see the voltage readings with the car off, mark it off on a list. Then turn the car on and measure voltage readings again. Anything that has a voltage reading only after the car turns on is a remote turn on. 

you need to run a cable directly to the battery positive and negative.  Get a multi-meter and test each fuse and see the voltage readings with the car off, mark it off on a list. Then turn the car on and measure voltage readings again. Anything that has a voltage reading only after the car turns on is a remote turn on. 
OK, I may be able to do this, but I just thought of something else that may actually work better. I installed a Pioneer radio in this truck years ago. Did it all myself so can easily take out the head unit. Was then thinking maybe I could just tap into the current red and yellow wires that are connecting this Pioneer radio via its wire harness. Would this possibly work as well?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.