Trying to decide on amp for 2 SQ HDC3.110

I love Taramps. Ive had the HD3000 and DSP3000 on my 4 10" mids. Great amps. I wouldn't buy from Amazon though. You want to make sure you buy from an Authorized dealer. The first one on amazon is showing the Version 1 3k. Its a lot bigger. The new v2 is much smallerTaramp's HD-3000 1 ohm High Power Car Audio Amps from Brazil at DJ Stage Gear
Do you know about how many amps yours needed to run properly?

Reason I want to purchase from Amazon, free 2 day shipping, easy extended warranty that even covers accidental damage, and biggest I can use my Amazon store card really low interest and don't have to spend any money from the bank account, so happy wife //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know about how many amps yours needed to run properly? Reason I want to purchase from Amazon, free 2 day shipping, easy extended warranty that even covers accidental damage, and biggest I can use my Amazon store card really low interest and don't have to spend any money from the bank account, so happy wife //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

make sure it's actual amazon store or a stereo place not jb tools or refurb amp..

Do you know about how many amps yours needed to run properly? Reason I want to purchase from Amazon, free 2 day shipping, easy extended warranty that even covers accidental damage, and biggest I can use my Amazon store card really low interest and don't have to spend any money from the bank account, so happy wife //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Couldn't tell you. It was on my 5 batteries and only running my mids with a Taramps HD10k on my subs.

It says its from Taramps on Amazon so you should be good. Taramps offers a free 1 year warranty with their amps.

Couldn't tell you. It was on my 5 batteries and only running my mids with a Taramps HD10k on my subs.

It says its from Taramps on Amazon so you should be good. Taramps offers a free 1 year warranty with their amps.
Ok cool thx. So let's say I go with this amp for now. It has moved to the top of the list. Now I have to match it up to a sub, or pair, or any other qty with a box resulting in a size no more than 4 cu ft. I looked at fi ssd, but like the specs on the fu, and ssa, better. Specs can only tell you so much though. Kind of like the way the ssa evil looks lol but I would only be able to run one of those and probably not power It properly. I doubt it is my best option, just saying it looks cool. Lol

Ok thinking about. 3k Brazilian amp. Those current draws on the banda amps looks like what i need. The taramps might need a little more power than I have. So if I get a 3k amp, 1 or 2 icon 10" or 12"s? Also how are those Chaos 12" by Ascendant Audio? Or the havok. I like the logo //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif if the ssa Icons are still the better speaker that is fine. Not like I Am going to just set there and stare at the sub.

The banda 3k is going to be almost double the price on the Taramps HD3000.
Yeah I know and that sux. I was Leary about the taramps after watching it pull 360 amps on a YouTube video. According to the Banda amp specs it draws 168 amps (sorry ssa says 155 amps) for 3000 watts. That's why I was thinking about the Banda over taramps. Can anyone confirm these numbers?

Yeah I know and that sux. I was Leary about the taramps after watching it pull 360 amps on a YouTube video. According to the Banda amp specs it draws 168 amps (sorry ssa says 155 amps) for 3000 watts. That's why I was thinking about the Banda over taramps. Can anyone confirm these numbers?

You will probably only pull around 150ish amps on music with both of them.

Recommended fuse rating is 175 amps. But with a sine wave it can pull over 300 amps but thats also like 4700 watts rms.

If you are wanting digital crossovers and a clipping limiter I would recommend the Taramps DSP 3000. I loved mine. Probably my favorite Taramps amp I've had.

You will probably only pull around 150ish amps on music with both of them.
Recommended fuse rating is 175 amps. But with a sine wave it can pull over 300 amps but thats also like 4700 watts rms.

If you are wanting digital crossovers and a clipping limiter I would recommend the Taramps DSP 3000. I loved mine. Probably my favorite Taramps amp I've had.

That's great to hear! I was worried after I saw it pulling in over 300 amps. I like the price of the taramp better. Looks like it has some nice features. I think I like the look of the bandas better, but not worth the price for the appearance. they won't be on display. Now I have to find the best sub(s) for this setup. I am even tempted to do a 15". my first subs were 15s, and have always liked big speakers. the box for the 15" is probably going to get a little bigger than I want, and not sure about the sound quality. My 15"s were never the best for music, not able to do the fast bass needed in some songs, but they were nice for the old Bass cassette tapes... Yes that is when I started, before CD's were a thing... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Still looking for feedback on the ssa icon subs. I could start a thread in the sub section if needed, but since I got the icon recommendation here and it has to do with the amp recommend here, I was just asking here. 2 10" 2 12" or 1 15" with that taramp 3000? Also what about the chaos or havok from ascendant audio? How to they compare to the ssa icons? Thanks!

this Is what I got from Bassbox.

Driver Properties

Name: ICON 15 D2

Type: Standard one-way driver

Company: Sound Solutions Audio Inc.

Comment: ICON series

No. of Drivers = 1

Dual voice coils = parallel

Fs = 26.8 Hz

Qms = 6.6

Vas = 4.241 cu.ft

Xmax = 0.827 in

Sd = 125.6 sq.in

Qes = 0.49

Z = 1 ohm

Pe = 1250 watts

-----------------------------------------

Box Properties

Name:

Type: Vented Box

Shape: Prism, slanted front

Vb = 5.418 cu.ft

Fb = 22.7 Hz

QL = 5.612

F3 = 24.57 Hz

Fill = none

No. of Vents = 1

Vent shape = rectangle

Vent ends = two flush

Hv = 14.25 in

Wv = 3.5 in

Lv = 45.57 in

How is the tuning and cu ft? Anything I need to change? Thx!

Still looking for feedback on the ssa icon subs. I could start a thread in the sub section if needed, but since I got the icon recommendation here and it has to do with the amp recommend here, I was just asking here. 2 10" 2 12" or 1 15" with that taramp 3000? Also what about the chaos or havok from ascendant audio? How to they compare to the ssa icons? Thanks!

Ssa icon is a really good sub. Sealed as well as ported. I ran one for about 3 years. In a decent box, it will get loud and sound good. If you are running a small setup now, this should be a big setup up in output.

I also noticed the ssd15" from fi that was recommended before too has almost the same specs as the icon, but it is cheaper. How does it compare to the ssa icon? Thanks

amperage can be calculated, and afaik you cant bend the rules of that math. volts*amps=watts. of course, the actual end result will vary a bit, but its a good rule of thumb to stick with

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.