Going active options

Participant count
  • Participant list

My63bug

Senior VIP Member
ETkv9

So I assume that I'm wiring tweeters to two channels one and two putting the filter on high pass

Wiring the mids to channel 3 and 4 putting it on Full Pass

ETkv9

Last edited by a moderator:
ETkv9
So I assume that I'm wiring tweeters to two channels one and two putting the filter on high pass

Wiring the mids to channel 3 and 4 putting it on Full Pass
Given these crossover options it doesn't matter if the tweeters go on channels 1+2 or 3+4, so that's fine. I see "H.U. 80prs" in your signature. Are you setting the filters on the head unit?

Given these crossover options it doesn't matter if the tweeters go on channels 1+2 or 3+4, so that's fine. I see "H.U. 80prs" in your signature. Are you setting the filters on the head unit?
I'm trying to. I need a step by step LOL. Jeffdachef

Your image posts need to go directly to the file name. If you're on a computer you need to right click on the image and select "copy image address". On a mobile device press and hold on the image and then do the same.

Y9SsAR3.jpg%20

Y9SsAR3.jpg

Your image posts need to go directly to the file name. If you're on a computer you need to right click on the image and select "copy image address". On a mobile device press and hold on the image and then do the same.
Y9SsAR3.jpg%20

Y9SsAR3.jpg
Ty

I'm trying to. I need a step by step LOL. Jeffdachef
Review this in the car so you know what you're controlling on the HU first.

As for crossover slope, which you must select, using 24 dB/octave at all times is generally the safest way to start. It cuts power rapidly above or below the crossover frequency, which is good for protecting the tweeters and for saving the mids from popping due to bass.

GENERALLY SAFE SETTINGS FOR 6.5" MIDS AND 1" TWEETERS

MIDS HPF 80 Hz, LPF 3,000 Hz

TWEETERS HPF 3,000 Hz

Subwoofer LPF 60 Hz - the gap between sub and mids is assuming you want the bass louder and will want some good "bump", yet you want to try to get that SQ "bass up front"

Dial in a high pass filter on the tweeter channels of the amplifier as a back-up protection in case you lose your settings on the HU. Aiming for 1 kHz or so is fine and won't screw up the sound.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.