Trying to decide on amp for 2 SQ HDC3.110

I was also considering the Ct sounds meso subs before too. Do they have a better sound quality than the hdc3's ? Or would it be better to go with something like those decon subs. Also maybe a high efficiency sub with less power would be the way to go with my stock alternator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mesos are rated 1500rms each. Plus an FS of 41hz. If you are trying to stay with stock electrical you are going to want to stay around 1500rms with Korean amps or 3000 with brazilian.

I tried the sq hdc 10s, in about 3cuft, on my IA20.1 at 32hrtz, and I was not impressed at all. There were some on here that said as much, dachef was one of them. I would look into the ssa subs if it were me dude. Or dc audio lvl 3 10s, the like smallish ported enclosures. Ran a lvl 4 12 in 1.5cuft at 32hrtz and was pleased.

if i saw u say u running 200rms per sub to old ubs., all u gotta do is get 1 of the amps i suggested and a 1 12" fu 1250 like popwar said (my friend has 1 on the way) or a ssa icon both made in us (fu has 3 yr warranty) popwar knows alittle about fu his windshiled got destroyed going down the road with 8 fu 750's there's a video., honestly u could get 1 750 12 ported tuned to 33hz with 1k it'll probably blow u away (if i read what u currently have correctly)

Yes that is correct, I am only running 200rms to each one. They are pretty efficient subs though and hit pretty hard with that small power. I could run a lot more to them, I have ran 800 rms to each back in the day, but these subs are old, and I was kind of wanting to take it easy on them and get something newer.

Here is there spec sheet though so you know what I am using.

a2753e1c39ef4d886890c11dc49e0808.png

I looked at the fu 1250. It is only available in a dual 2 ohm. Which might be ok, depending on what amp I get. I was planning on a pair of subs wired to 1 ohm. Also would be using a 12" not a 10", which again I am not against doing if I can keep my box close to the size it is now. I'll look at the ssa subs again. With the D.C. Audio, is it worth spending more and going with the level 4 vs the level 3? What is the best sounding sub out of the fu, ssa, or D.C. 3, or 4? Thx

wow 3" coil 300rms lol.. those only have 5.5mm excursion i guess is y low rms where as ones we are talking about have much more movement and better motors, u can do a 12 in 2cf ad box (2.5 better so 3cf or so total) but 1 12 like the 750 or gcon (better sq?) ported would be louder and deeper with 1k or so than 2 10's in smaller boxes and u won't kill your alt., wish u could hear my pos system and my ports to small mirrors look like they gonna fall off and my sub was $70... another one to consider is FI ssd 12 customized it's about $299 (if i didn't mention that yet) and we assuming u would run 1 12 at 1ohm or the 2 d4 10's at 1 ohm.. just saying get 1 bigger sub less $ maybe less power about same size box, since u worried about electrical..

sorry some peeps said they didn't love their dc's much that said 1 guy here wins comps every other week with them but thats not sq at all,, gcon with 1k or icon or FI ssd with more power (1500?) would probably sound better than others..

wow 3" coil 300rms lol.. those only have 5.5mm excursion i guess is y low rms where as ones we are talking about have much more movement and better motors, u can do a 12 in 2cf ad box (2.5 better so 3cf or so total) but 1 12 like the 750 or gcon (better sq?) ported would be louder and deeper with 1k or so than 2 10's in smaller boxes and u won't kill your alt., wish u could hear my pos system and my ports to small mirrors look like they gonna fall off and my sub was $70... another one to consider is FI ssd 12 customized it's about $299 (if i didn't mention that yet) and we assuming u would run 1 12 at 1ohm or the 2 d4 10's at 1 ohm.. just saying get 1 bigger sub less $ maybe less power about same size box, since u worried about electrical..
Ok some good info! Good info from everyone thanks. I have a hard time believing I will be happy with 1 12, but maybe I am just wrong. I know things have changed a lot. I'll probably have a few more questions on subs, but back to amps. What about this one? Taramp HD3000-1. They also have a 2 ohm version. I can buy these on Amazon which is a plus for me.

Ok some good info! Good info from everyone thanks. I have a hard time believing I will be happy with 1 12, but maybe I am just wrong. I know things have changed a lot. I'll probably have a few more questions on subs, but back to amps. What about this one? Taramp HD3000-1. They also have a 2 ohm version. I can buy these on Amazon which is a plus for me.

I love Taramps. Ive had the HD3000 and DSP3000 on my 4 10" mids. Great amps. I wouldn't buy from Amazon though. You want to make sure you buy from an Authorized dealer. The first one on amazon is showing the Version 1 3k. Its a lot bigger. The new v2 is much smaller

Taramp's HD-3000 1 ohm High Power Car Audio Amps from Brazil at DJ Stage Gear

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.