Trying to build my first sound system

Jeff pretty much built you a good setup. If you wanted to keep the speakers a little cheaper, you can get the Cadence ZRS6KM for around $60-$70 shipped. I have them and for the price, they are a good deal. They will be plenty loud for your setup. Don't be afraid to be used equipment as well.

I can build my own box and am willing to sacrifice my console

So now I got:

2) 6.5s

1) 4ch amp with 2ch briged for sub

Console box with a backfire port

Pioneer FH-S701BS

CD receiver head unit

And wiring kits

Getting better?

So now I got:

2) 6.5s

Pioneer FH-S701BS

CD receiver head unit

And wiring kits

Getting better?
yeah looking ok i'd get at least 4ga wire kit and make sure it says ofc (100% cooper wire) and make sure sub you get will work well with power you have.. you just need to get exact max measurements of center console box and see if someone can design one that'll work for u..

So now I got:

2) 6.5s

Pioneer FH-S701BS

CD receiver head unit

And wiring kits

Getting better?
yeah a lot better.

If you can build your own box, then that saves a LOT of $$$ and opens up a lot of options.

for subwoofer recommendations, we'd need to know dimensions of what you have in length x width x height. I also recommend a dedicated monoblock at least 1000 watts vs bridging 2 channels of the amp if you actually like moderately loud bass. this amp is cheap with okay power about 1200 watts. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017XLEO2I/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=ryanblanken07-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B017XLEO2I&linkId=666afcea3dd00d63411a85932abe66ce

If you are going down to 6.5s, you can have a pretty sick front stage setup for 110 dollars but you'll need to go active which means tweeters directly to the amp and mids directly to the amp and you will need to use the 3 way network mode crossover on your head unit(that pioneer is capable of that) to cross over the mids and tweets. This means you'll use 2 channels for mids, two channels for tweeters. Your head unit RCAs are not front, rear and sub anymore, it will be high, mid and low.

That might be more advanced for you but if you are willing to learn, it produces 10x more results in both loudness and sound quality more than any component or coaxial set for way cheaper.

So now I got:

2) 6.5s

Pioneer FH-S701BS

CD receiver head unit

And wiring kits

Getting better?
yeah like jeff said if u want good bass u can get mono amp to power sub, 2 amps are tad more work as far as wiring.. some decent mono amps $149 or so like the sq s1-850 which would pair great with the sq 4 channel i showed you but u don't have to match the amps.. if u are willing to spend more on the amp/s your could get a 5 channel solve all problems some of them do more power to the sub than small 2 channel will give this is 80x4 + 500 @2ohm to sub not the best in the world but the mono amps have tested well https://www.amazon.com/Rockville-dB55-Channel-Amplifier-Stereo/dp/B071SGK6FL/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1524506292&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=5+channel+amp&psc=1 pretty good amp https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-5-Channel-Amplifier-PAD5000-5/dp/B005ZKFZEQ/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1524506385&sr=8-9&keywords=5+channel+amp#customerReviews if you want to be pretty happy and have nice amp splurge on this make it the center of system and slowly build around it https://www.amazon.com/Sundown-Audio-SAE-1100-5-5-Channel-Amplifier/dp/B06Y3WYRJ6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1524506496&sr=8-1&keywords=5+channel+sundown+amp

Maybe 2 6x8 (brand?) 1 sundown sd3 10in in a sealed box

A pioneer 2ch amp for the door speakers

And a pioneer monoblock for the sub

How does that sound?
I have that Sundown SD3 subwoofer in a modified braced sealed .5 cu ft parts express box and it sounds excellent in my regular F150 truck on 400 Watts RMS. Get the JBL GTX 500 from Crutchfield at $99 to run it. It’s rated at 500 watts RMS but puts out much more on a dyno. Also get the 4 gauge amp kit for it, don’t run 8 gauge, and it has to be oxygen free copper wire. Chrutchfields kits are a good bet. The Pioneer GM D8604 as Jeff said will work for the front and bridge the rear channels for the sub if you want to save some money. If you do this than the JBL amp may not be needed. You could purchase the JBL amp and use the four channels from the D8604 for the front speakers only by using two channels for the door woofers and two channels for each tweeter. Some component sets will allow you to do this. This Morel component set should drop in and sound excellent https://www.crutchfield.com/p_210TU572/Morel-Tempo-Ultra-572.html?tp=106 or go with a like 6.5” component set with adapters. If you don’t have to have a touch screen HU than many of the Alpine and Pioneer single sims units in the $200 + dollar range would be very good. I have the double din Pioneer 1330 and like it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.