Trying to build enclosure for a 15" tc sounds tc-3000/axis quadcoil help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

mAdBuMpZ
10+ year member

I am trying to make my first sub enclosure, it's for a 15" tc-3k / axis quadcoil . Just need some assistance on measurements and tuning. It's going in my 01' Acura TL's trunk.. THAnkS or just the easy way out..... if you are in los angeles area maybe you can build one for me.

I had one of the original quad coil TC-3000 15's back when they first came out about five or so years ago. I had it in 4.5ft^3 and 3.5ft^3 with the same 32hz tuning. I liked 3.5ft^3 better myself since it lowered the group delay and made the sub less muddy on quick bass lines.

You ran a 15" in 6 cubes?!
The Axis Q1.4 is a high efficiency sub with a vas of 187L and a Qts of .38. 6 cubes is fine for it volume wise, my tuning was higher than optimum in that enclosure, 3cubes is choking it lol. Fs 23Hz and Sens is 89.7dB 1w/1m Qes was .44 BL 29.7 Xmax (fully linear) 10.8mm.

The high inductance causes an unnatural sounding spike in output between 52 and 60Hz that needs to be eq'd out and you're good to go.

enclosure volume is controlled by Vas and Qts, driver size has nothing to do with it (other than affecting Vas). High Vas drivers need large enclosures as do high Qts drivers. Typical SPL drivers are low/mid Q High Fs and low Vas, so 6 cubes for the typical 15" spl driver would def be a peaky SPL enclosure. There are plenty of 15's that need enclosures much larger than 6 cubes, run the parameters for an eclipse sw8000 vented 10"

run the parameters for an eclipse sw8000 vented 10"
Off the top of my head it needed something like 3.5ft^3 with a 20hz tuning. I ran mine in 1.5ft^3 at 28hz(just a box I had laying around), and you could tell it need some more volume and a lower tuning.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.