Trunk system: 300C Advice

TintedUp

USA
New to the forum, I think I'm posting this in the correct spot. This is just a thread to get some advice on how you would setup the trunk of a 300C. Just so I know what I should be looking for over time.

The deck has been changed to a Kenwood DNX6980. The door speakers are the stock Boston Acoustics (with the amp under the steering wheel I think). I'm not shopping just yet, just planning.

What I want:

- Sound quality, but the ability to bump really hard when I want. (I just don't want it to sound dirty)

- Single sub possibly, thought about down-fire, but I've never done that so I'm open to advice.

- Amp that is known to work well with the sub.

- I listen to rap, so I want the bass to get low, really low. (Three 6 and Game get played a lot)

- A box that wont cover access to the spare/battery. (The battery is in the trunk on a 300)

- The stock alternator. (unless that would hold me back incredibly)

- Wiring advice.

What I'm unsure about:

- What I have the airspace for.

- I don't want the trunk/car rattling too bad, and I'm willing to dampen it as much as I can.

I want to get as much bass as I can without damaging the back glass or my trunk, but I gotta keep it reasonable, this isn't a show car or anything. I'm just someone who thoroughly enjoys music.

I plan to change out the door speakers as I have the time, but I want to install a sub first, because I'm missing that bump. I haven't had much experience with subs so I don't know all of the options that are out there, although I'm sure I'm smart enough to figure out how things work. I wouldn't be apposed to any idea, just looking for advice from more experienced hands. Any tips to make it sound perfect would be nice.

Appreciate it. (srry if I typed too much..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Still deciding, but I would like to keep it under $1,500 for everything. With the amp being the majority of the budget.

- I made this thread to help figure out exactly what my budget would be to get what I'm looking for.

Still deciding, but I would like to keep it under $1,500 for everything. With the amp being the majority of the budget.- I made this thread to help figure out exactly what my budget would be to get what I'm looking for.
how much space exactly do you have to give up in your trunk? I would say a pair of 12s and around 2k rms amp and you would still have enough to upgrade your elctrical to properly run it.

I say do something like a single 10 or 12 ported in a basic enclosure that you can move around if/when needed. Do 750-1200rms on it and you would very happy and well under budget. That leaves funds for upgrading mids/highs and anything else you may need like deadener.

About 14in tall, 25in deep, and 33in wide, and that's if I just set a box into the smallest area. I would really like to not cover up my spare, because I drive this car every day. (If I built the box myself I could probably make it a little wider and taller, the trunk has a groove in it where I measured)

Also, would 12's hit the lows like I'm looking for. I was looking more into 1 15, but I'm not apposed to doing a pair of 12's, I just want to hit the lows and get as loud as I can without having to block my spare and battery. I have tons of bad luck with tires.

If 12's is what you guys would do, what are a couple of brands I should keep a look out for if there are some that can get lower than others? I haven't really got to hear anything other than the typical brands. (JL, kicker, rf, etc.)

Appreciate it, I like this site.

Do you have a budget in m mind? I'm sure we can get something with in that space and keep the price down for you.
I'm the kind of person who is willing to save up and wait for quality, but how hard would something bump for around $1000? give or take.

A good ported enclosure with 2 12s and 1500rms give or take would do very well. Should be able to do that for under 1k..... even if you had a custom enclosure built it should still be under 1k

A good ported enclosure with 2 12s and 1500rms give or take would do very well. Should be able to do that for under 1k..... even if you had a custom enclosure built it should still be under 1k
The trunk is much smaller than my old deville, if I got sealed it decently well would that sound good outside the car? And what are the chances of alternator problems if I did 1800rms?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.