troubleshooting my low end

Participant count
  • Participant list

youdoofus

Skibidi
I have a bass inferno bi3000d running two rockford p3 12"s(dual 2 ohm wired up to 4 and then paired back down to 2 ohms at the amp) in a 1.05 cu/ft(per side) sealed which i upgraded from a single rockford he2 (dual 2 ohm wired up to 4) in a similar sized sealed box run off a ppi pc2200(bridged so its seeing 2 ohms per channel) and my new setup just doesnt seem like its nearly as loud, low or smooth as it should be. I know that the small sealed size of the box is a good part of the depth issue and i know that a bass inferno amp isnt all that great, which led me to this quandry. Is the amp the problem? If so, what should i get thats cost effective? Im also thinking that the deck might be part of the problem its a Pioneer AVH-X4500bt dvd deck. Ive read that some of the multimedia decks dont really focus on the sub out section of the hardware. Im not a newb, but i have been absent from serious tinkering 12 volt style, mainly just dabbleing to keep my bass requirements met (which werent very high for quite some time) Sorry for the long post, just didnt want to leave any potentially pertinent info out.

You went from good American made stuff to cheap Chinesse stuff. Your amp is making little to no power and your box is to small. And remove the cap. They are gimmicks and you should be having zero voltage issues right now.

You went from good American made stuff to cheap Chinesse stuff. Your amp is making little to no power and your box is to small. And remove the cap. They are gimmicks and you should be having zero voltage issues right now.
yes what he said ^^^^^^

Gotcha. I still have that amp and another one that just wont power on for some reason :/ the bass inferno amp i got was obtained on the super cheap and its been in the plan to replace all along. Im trying to get a ppi pc 4800, and bridge each side effectively making it a 2 channel. Decent choice, I think. I cant increase the box size, but that amp upgrade should get my ears hurting, right?

i paid $35 for the inferno. The subs should be good tho. Theyre not high end, but theyre definitely not sony xplod's LoL

i want to stay with a multichannel setup, i have a few discs with stereo bass and would like to regain that ability from my current mono setup

You need a 4 cubic foot ported box, those rockfords dont like sealed. That amp does 300-500 watts on its best day. You have a sub that has stiffer suspension that and a heavier voice coil. It takes a lot more to get it to move compared to a lightweight sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.