Troubleshooting DMM not reading voltage

@mylows10; @LBC; @dunerider650;

Alright guys, I tried it again with the subsonic filter set to 5hz (lowest), LPF set to 400 (highest), bass boost at 0, and gain was at exactly half. I tightened down the DMM's leads into the speaker wire outputs. The head unit was at 50/62, loudness off, no EQ settings, etc. The bass knob was all the way up. I played a 0dB 50hz 192kbps (only bitrate available) sine wave from realmofexcursion.com that I downloaded to my iPhone. I set the DMM to AC volts. Reading = ~ 00.21 volts. What am I doing wrong here!?

View attachment 26537602View attachment 26537600View attachment 26537601

[quote name='sjv13']@mylows10; @LBC; @dunerider650;

Alright guys, I tried it again with the subsonic filter set to 5hz (lowest), LPF set to 400 (highest), bass boost at 0, and gain was at exactly half. I tightened down the DMM's leads into the speaker wire outputs. The head unit was at 50/62, loudness off, no EQ settings, etc. The bass knob was all the way up. I played a 0dB 50hz 192kbps (only bitrate available) sine wave from realmofexcursion.com that I downloaded to my iPhone. I set the DMM to AC volts. Reading = ~ 00.21 volts. What am I doing wrong here!?

View attachment 26537602View attachment 26537600View attachment 26537601[/QUOTE]

Use a cd. Download the SMD DD-1 disc and use track 1. 40hz at 0db. Burn it and use that. your iphone has to be the problem. It has a volume and gain of it's own.

Use a cd. Download the SMD DD-1 disc and use track 1. 40hz at 0db. Burn it and use that. your iphone has to be the problem. It has a volume and gain of it's own.
My head unit doesnt have a CD player. And I'm using the USB cable with the iPhone, not the 3.5mm jack, so I thought it wouldnt matter?

usually half is really close,but yea ,unless you can get a really good download and put it on a flash drive
I put that realmofexcursion.com file on a flash drive and tried it again. All the same settings as before. Read: ~ 00.29 volts

did you look at the video i sent you .it says a flat response all around loudness off unplug all rca's and use a 60 hrtz test one not 50
yeah, I watched it. I unplugged the 4 channel's rcas (left the mono's in though of course). Loudness was off. All EQ settings were flat. No bass enhancements. I'll try it with a 60hz tone, but I didnt think that part mattered.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.