trouble tuning pioneer deh 80 prs

thatguy12
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
new to the forum but have been reading them for some time now. i just upgraded my headunit to the pioneer 80 prs and im having trouble tuning it. ive read the manual and know what most of settings are ( you can change so much) but no matter what i do or have it set at the bass has that bass boosted sound (its a unhealthy sound) my gains have been set with a DMM, and bass boost is off, LPF is set around 80 on the amp. on the subwoofer setting on the head unit i have just been changing from -12 db to -3 db depending the song, never go to -0 let alone +6. ive brought to the only shop i trust and he got it sounding better but not good. i know the unit is fine but im not good enough yet. been at this for three weeks now trying to be patient but thinking about giving up. anyone have this unit and suggestions

is it set too network or standard?. I set mine up initially in standard mode and couldnt get the exact sound I wanted, Pulled it out switched the dip switch to Network and set up auto EQ man what a difference and then if you need to loud actually works without distorting. If using the preset EQ's I found Powerful worked for most everything if you wantg to go into hood mode superbass or can never go wrong Flat. I constantly am finding new stuff on it.

Any one else have trouble with the Tuner on theres It is super iffy with the staions in my area that normally i get 100 miles away i cant get 2 miles away clear.

is it set too network or standard?. I set mine up initially in standard mode and couldnt get the exact sound I wanted, Pulled it out switched the dip switch to Network and set up auto EQ man what a difference and then if you need to loud actually works without distorting. If using the preset EQ's I found Powerful worked for most everything if you wantg to go into hood mode superbass or can never go wrong Flat. I constantly am finding new stuff on it.Any one else have trouble with the Tuner on theres It is super iffy with the staions in my area that normally i get 100 miles away i cant get 2 miles away clear.
Are you running a passive comp set in network mode?

Did you hook up remote ant wire? Some cars wtih ant in the glass have a signal booster that needs to turned on by the HU...

I have it on standard mode and running speakers off it till get amp, i was using loudness but makes me nervous so now just using flat

Dont have this problem with my 80prs ....what about setting on the deck itself for hi/lo
low set to 80hz with -12 slope, front set to 125hz -12 at -1 db, rear set to 100hz or 125 in class cant remember at the moment at 0db (cheap in back)

You cant do auto eq unless in network mode . Im running mine in network with Kicker SS components but not using the passive EQ. I am running them off a 4 channell amp which the PRS sees as Mids and Highs in network.I think its my cars antenna I swapped to a stubby but I just use my ipod or phone for tuner I was just curios if it was in the local settings.I rarely listen to local music stations anyway mainly talk radio being in ther music industry I cant stand hearing the crtap I play every night in a cover band but perks kick a**

new to the forum but have been reading them for some time now. i just upgraded my headunit to the pioneer 80 prs and im having trouble tuning it. ive read the manual and know what most of settings are ( you can change so much) but no matter what i do or have it set at the bass has that bass boosted sound (its a unhealthy sound) my gains have been set with a DMM, and bass boost is off, LPF is set around 80 on the amp. on the subwoofer setting on the head unit i have just been changing from -12 db to -3 db depending the song, never go to -0 let alone +6. ive brought to the only shop i trust and he got it sounding better but not good. i know the unit is fine but im not good enough yet. been at this for three weeks now trying to be patient but thinking about giving up. anyone have this unit and suggestions
Do you have the subwoofers set to mono and not stereo?

do you have the slope on?

what volume are you turning the 80prs up to?

I don't live too far from madison

Do you have the subwoofers set to mono and not stereo?do you have the slope on?

what volume are you turning the 80prs up to?

I don't live too far from madison
have slope on -12, sub is set to mono, usually turn up between 30-47 out of 62 have to turn the deh up more than any other head unit ive owned, im running a saz 1500 v.3 and im not sure if its just my amp not liking the higher voltage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.