Is there a better double din NAV for the money? (DNX9980HD factory refurb)

Participant count
  • Participant list

tyler_fitz
10+ year member

They call me Weezer
I've been looking into some head units for my new (to me) truck. Originally I was looking into single din flip out touch screens (particularly the pioneer avh-p6300bt) but with a little modification I can squeeze in a double din into my 2005 Dakota. I've used pioneers in the past but i've heard their navigation kinda *****, and that kenwood is the way to go.

I see that sonicelectronix has a deal on the Kenwood DNX9980HD for $610. I've read plenty of good reviews on it. Was just wondering if anyone has any other ideas of a good double din nav unit for around $600. Preferably with 4v preouts.

I just bought a refurb one my self and it's ok..it's a little slow and I've had a few random restarts. The audio is pretty good and its very adjustable. There arent many double dins with the flexablity of the 9980.

have you updated the firmware? i heard that helps a little with the sluggishness... that's really whats keeping me from committing to this buy...

No I didnt update. To be honest Im not keeping it. I also have a slight hum that comes from this HU. I read it has some thing to do with the RCA's. Im selling it.

hmmm, still not sure if I want it or not, just dropped some $$$ on an amp so i have some time to research.

Anyone else have experience with this HU? or maybe some experience with a better/equal HU?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.