Tricky Problem: Speakers shutdown when sub volume gets turned up 80%

Its obviously a power supply issue, when the subs/amp draws lots of power it takes the power from the highs amp.

Stick a DMM on the JL amp 12v input and watch it drop when you turn up and it hits hard

Its obviously a power supply issue, when the subs/amp draws lots of power it takes the power from the highs amp.
Stick a DMM on the JL amp 12v input and watch it drop when you turn up and it hits hard
Tried this. Solid 13.5 volts the entire time. Gonna try the 60hz tone on the RCA's.

Wow weirdest thing. I still have no idea as to WHY it is causing the problem, but having my JL amp sharing the same remote wire with the memphis is the culprit. I undid it and had it just perm. on and it works fine. I've never seen this problem before. I guess I have to put a amp switch in lol. How odd.

SOLVED BABY

Wow weirdest thing. I still have no idea as to WHY it is causing the problem, but having my JL amp sharing the same remote wire with the memphis is the culprit. I undid it and had it just perm. on and it works fine. I've never seen this problem before. I guess I have to put a amp switch in lol. How odd.
SOLVED BABY
ah..yes...get you a relay:

remote wire distribution? relay??? help me?? - DIYMA.com

Yeah for sure. I just didn't know it could cause a problem such as this. How perplexing. I'm curious as to what is behind this issue. Because the power on the remote wasn't dropping enough to actually shut off the comp amp. Cuz the light was still on. Plus I checked it with a dimm and it stayed a steady 13v +. So weird

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.