Transmission line box completed(pics)

personally id like to know exactly how a tranmission line differes from a normal slot vented enclosure, i think its time to know since ive now built 2 of the "TL" enclosures. lol

personally id like to know exactly how a tranmission line differes from a normal slot vented enclosure, i think its time to know since ive now built 2 of the "TL" enclosures. lol
from "www.diysubwoofers.org"

"The transmission line system is a waveguide system in which the guide reverses the phase of the driver's rear output, thereby reinforcing the frequencies near the driver's Fs. Transmission lines tend to be larger than the other systems, due to the size and length of the line required by the design. The payoff is an extended low end response and a characteristic sound that's appealing to many"

"A ported enclosure system consists of a driver mounted on one side of a box that has an open tunnel or port which allows the passage of air in and out of the box. At low frequencies, the vent contributes substantially to the output of the system.

The ported enclosure system is characterised by lower distortion and higher power handling in the system's operating range, and lower cutoff frequency than a sealed enclosure system using the same driver. Distortion rapidly increases below the cutoff frequency however as the driver becomes unloaded, and the transient response of a ported enclosure system is usually inferior to that of a sealed enclosure system using the same driver. However, the lower cutoff frequency and better power handling within the system's passband often makes ported systems the alignment of choice for many speaker builders.

Ported enclosure systems are much more sensitive to misaligned parameters than sealed enclosure systems, which makes their construction more difficult for the beginning DIYer. I advise that you don't attempt to build these systems, unless you're certain that the T/S parameters for the driver that you want to use are correct. "

there ya go, hope that answered your question, follow the links on that page if you have any more questions or would like to learn about TL enclosures

where did you get the demensions for that box, I got my TL cut sheet from Diamond and the internals look different.

419064_43.jpg
419064_44.jpg

my boxes ^ I have two of them

That doesn't look like a TL enclosure ... TL enclosures use a tapered port ...
Do you have the .pdf file ?
the other guy did in the other thread about this, I dont I only have a paper copy faxed from Diamond, the are different though you can look at the pics and see, mine is supposed to be a TL, his looks more like a vented, but I know that the vented cut sheet is totaly differ so im really confused, Diamond usually ends of being differ from everyone so Im just going by what the tell me, sounds great so whatever mine is Im extremly happy, Its almost same as the Hooker Audio Prefabed TL boxes, and they say thiers are TLs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.