Toyota Corolla 2006 Headunit surround not fitting back in to dash correctly

Participant count
  • Participant list

HuntedStormNZ

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi there,

I'm a beginner car audio enthusiast, have installed 5 head units, various subwoofer and speaker upgrades in my past cars.
Usually trial and error, video/forum tutorials give me more than enough information to complete the job very cleanly to my liking. However I have installed a Head Unit in my 2006 Toyota Corolla and now there is a slight gap between the surround and the dash above it (Pics attached). I have tried a dozen times to take the trim out, loosen mounting screws and adjust position of the head unit to allow the surround to fit properly, but I can't get it perfect. It's not very noticeable to me or anyone in my car, but if this was a proffesional job I believe it would be unnaceptable so If anyone has a tip to correct this, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!
Alec.

Is the radio too large to fit the factory opening? It seems that the factory surround would be easy to push into its factory position, if the radio wasn't too large. Did you install the radio correctly, to allow the factory molding to go back to its original position? Have you tried to remove the radio, secure the factory molding and then install the radio to see what the issue is?
Just a couple of thoughts.
I had a similar issue several years ago where I had space between the factory opening and the new stereo trim plate. It was hardly noticeable, but I knew it was there. I know how you feel. It turns out that I had the trim plate installed incorrectly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.