TwK D8

Participant count
  • Participants list

Clifff150
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Texas
Hey guys. So I have a TwK D8 from a previous install but I don’t know if I can use it with my JVC head unit. My head unit only has rca outputs and the TwK D8 only has digital/optical input. Is there any way to hook them up? I also have the Fix 82 but don’t need it since I have the JVC KW740.

Hey guys. So I have a TwK D8 from a previous install but I don’t know if I can use it with my JVC head unit. My head unit only has rca outputs and the TwK D8 only has digital/optical input. Is there any way to hook them up? I also have the Fix 82 but don’t need it since I have the JVC KW740.
There are a few RCA to Toslink converters on Amazon, but all of the better ones which support 192khz 24-bit want 5V. Maybe a simple USB to 5v adapter. None of them look especially reputable for under 30 dollars. The preferred direction of conversion is DAC, so searching for a good one is a pain.

There are a few RCA to Toslink converters on Amazon, but all of the better ones which support 192khz 24-bit want 5V. Maybe a simple USB to 5v adapter. None of them look especially reputable for under 30 dollars. The preferred direction of conversion is DAC, so searching for a good one is a pain.
Yeah it looks like I’m SOL. I reached out to JL to see if they happen to sell anything but that was a no. I got such a killer dealer on the FIx 82/TwK D8 that I would rather just keep it for the future (since everything is turning into integrated stereos). Luckily the JVC 840 can go active at least. I really enjoyed the TwK as it was a very user friendly interface. Thanks for the help!

Yeah it looks like I’m SOL. I reached out to JL to see if they happen to sell anything but that was a no. I got such a killer dealer on the FIx 82/TwK D8 that I would rather just keep it for the future (since everything is turning into integrated stereos). Luckily the JVC 840 can go active at least. I really enjoyed the TwK as it was a very user friendly interface. Thanks for the help!
It may be worth running at least one product by JL audio to see if it would work according to them. The language doesn't perfectly match up between the unit you mentioned and the amazon ones, but here's some examples of what I was talking about. I wouldn't think getting that a 5v power source would be difficult, just annoying.

only 16 bucks, but 96khz max. May still work for a test anyways before you decide to get rid of the JL. It also comes with a micro-usb slot which will make supplying it power very easy.

I checked B&H and the price went above 600 before I found one with 192khz, so maybe that's a bit too much to expect. Their cheapos are all 48khz sampling rate.

Now having looked through these for the last 30 minutes I'm leaning towards that first one. Almost every reputable company only sells up to 48khz. There's also a huge amount of clone products with different company names on them all sporting 48khz. Surprisingly the one I linked isn't also a highly cloned item considering it supports higher sample rates. The most annoying products, and the ones that I was finding last time, were idiots who confused a DAC with an analog to digital converter and thus 192khz is common with those. Upon reading the fine print and looking closely at the images they were just clueless.

The cheapest one I could find is 8.99 on ebay, but it looks like crap and doesn't show a picture of any included accessories and it's all in google translated english. Also it's only 48khz and doesn't have a micro-usb port.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Clifff150

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Clifff150
Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date