Total NOOB please help!!!!

Nothing sounds stupid unless you know better and you refuse to admit it because of ego. So in other words 88.61% of anything said on this entire forum is stupid. Oh, and saying "like" 5 times in 2 sentences might prequalify…..so make sure you slow down on that a little.

$450 would be best spent on the one thing you already have, but could use a much better version of……….a New Source Unit, Dash Kit, Wiring Harness and Antenna Adapter (if needed).

A really good head unit for the price (now that they are a few years old and readily available on eBay for like $200 or less…………Pioneer DEHP9800BT. That unit is excellent if you absolutely have to have one of those ancient CD Player thingies. If not, look for a nicely equipped Mech-less Source Unit. They operate, as you may have guessed, completely without a mechanical drive. They don't take CDs, just USB, BlueTooth, AUX in, RCA in etc. Look for one specific feature……24Bit, 192kHz DAC! If they don't have that, it won't play the best files. Make sure that it'll read FLAC files.

Even with factory speakers, an upgraded source unit will make a noticeable difference in sound quality and volume capability.

i figured out what there called the double din? if thats right.. are those alot more expensive? cause i would like to have one but if its to expensive ill wait

you could find a used HU like CD3200 on ebay for sub 100$ then get a good budget comp set like massive ck6 v5 and an amp to power it something o/s of course like a 4244 bridged to pump out 200x2@4.. And of course you need to get the accessories, wires (power signal and such), HU install gear (plug and install kit) maybe some sound dampening in the mix to of you get good deals.

Just spending a week or two here, reading and researching, will answer a lot of these questions for you, and give you the knowledge to ask much much better questions in the future. The more you rely on other people's opinions, the less likely you will be happy with the final results of your purchases.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.