too much bass!!!

IntenseAggresio

Maine
jus installed a 12W7 in a custom box....thing slams like crazy. truck doesnt have enough air space so when i open the doors it gets louder and starts to skip my cd player. majority of cd players dont have anti-shock memory so i was wondering what i can do bout it???? maybe dynamat around the interior where the cd player goes????

u could give me that w7 if u have too much bass and i could give u 2 sony's in exchange......they're pretty bright red........//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Your problem is the resonant freqency of the laser sled. It is time for a cd player like the MB Quart with a true 30 second anti skip buffer or a cd player like an Eclipse with servo controls on the laser sled and a 19.7 hz resonant frequency of the seld. Most cd players laser sled's resonate between 50-80 hz and if the energy in the bass note that is playing has enough force, it will cause the skip.

Now you may be on the right track with dynamatting around the mounting area as well. If you can get a backstrap on the cd player, try that as well. Post up your results and comments / questions.

my subs do the same thing... someone explain to me though what does that have to do with air? my subs are in the trunk... and yea, when really low and loud notes come, my cd skips. i was goin crazy thinkin it was scratched... when i just burnt it. lol. yeah... are those cd players you mentioned expensive?

quick question (this is only for him, not other ppl that have like four 15's in the trunk ok? the word loud has different definition to different people.

does it get so loud, that your nostrils start to vibrate? your rearview mirror go down. and your lungs vibrate, along with your seat, and head of your seat?

my 2 pioneers do, pumpin 500watts rms to each, and i was lookn to sell em to buy me a jl 12w7.

i know its probably (i say probably cus i have no idea) louder than what i have, but i want to have an idea as to HOW louder... thanks

Nice semi thread jack, but he would be the best person to answer. The MB Quart cd player sells for $800 CDN, it should be available much cheaper in the US. Model # is NRA450, it was primarily designed for a boat but will definitely find it's way into many vehicles. Eclipse cd players are modestly more $ than the competition but man will it make a huge difference in SQ to most systems. Have a look at the CD5423 if you do not need MP3 or the new version is CD5444. Both MB Quart and Eclipse are only available from authorized retailers and are not available on line at all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.