Question About My System

Krypteezy

USA
I have a question about my system, and I hope someone can help, and/or give me advice on what I should do. Anyways, I installed my system in my new car last weekend, and everything worked fine. A few days ago, I un-hooked my system from the trunk, so I could get to the spare tire, and then I hooked it back up the next day, and it seemed to work fine. Then later that day, I noticed only one of my subs was working. So I messed around with my speaker wires, and then I un-plugged the RCA cables from the amp, and plugged them back in, and then both subs started working. It did the same thing the next day, so I tried doing what I did last time, but I couldn't get the one sub to work. I was thinking I blew the sub, but when I switch RCA cables on the amp, the dead sub works, and the good sub doesn't. It acts like one RCA input on the amp is not powerful as the other, or the same thing on the back of the headunit. I used another amp to see if my amp went bad, but it did the same thing on the other amp, and I tried using different RCA cables, hoping that my RCA cables went bad, but it still did the same thing. A friend of mine told me I might need a new headunit, is that so? Or does anyone know why it's doing this, or what I can do to fix it? My balance on the headunit is set on "0" so I know it's not that. Any advice will help. Thanks for your time.

it sounds like either the inputs on ur amp or headunit are blown on one side..i don't know how to tell which are blown though...try jsut putting in a cheap or one of ur friends deck to see if the rca's work then and if they do thats ur solution

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.