too many subwoofers!

with you the problem has always been install... if you have a pair of DD 9510s and a Z1 and it isn't loud, you're the problem... especially in a wagon which is essentially a hatch with a lower fs since it's longer... maybe your car ***** because it flexes too much or something... you can't possibly blame THE most proven subs for spl on the market for not being loud... FI stuff can sound pretty good, give them a try maybe if DD is out. and I remember you razzing DD from their TS specs like 2 years ago over on termpro before you got banned then you bought them... did you ever try the brahmas you wanted? there was recently a pair of stupid cheap of 10"s Mark IV I think which I believe was the large magnet ones... 25+mm xmax linear... well... get the MTX so you can get it over with and say it ***** too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif and then come back and decide using logic what will be best for your current install instead of asking everyone like a complete newb what would be better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif that is like the #1 n00bX question of all time... on EVERY forum you'll always get a newb asking what's better this or this... sometimes guys who've been around do it and I think it's mainly about amps since subs vary install to install....

blah blah blah

like I said, the DD do not get loud in a MUSICAL setup, yes, they are great for SPL, but their SQ seriously *****, and in a musically tuned setup, their SPL is pathetic.

this is the reason DD suggest tuning to 40Hz, because the subs are so stupidly inefficient, you can't tune them to a NORMAL frequency, and still get decent output from them.

the problem was my install, but only because I was trying to get a loud musical setup, not the actual box itself.

68640432uy0.jpg

LMFAO.. DD sounds terrible? and they **** for daily output? lmfao... there inefficient too, yea.... please reframe from stating stuff you have no idea about... the 9500s sound far better than 99% of the other woofers that are capable of its output. sorry things didn't work out for your because you an idiot... its like blaming a fireman for not putting YOUR house out... not long ago a guy set a record with 2 9510s(155.7?), but there not loud.. also people street beat 150plus with a pair of 9515s, but they aren't loud and sound like ass too... so grab your POS poorly designed MTX 9500 and STAY HOME..

LMFAO.. DD sounds terrible? and they **** for daily output? lmfao... there inefficient too, yea.... please reframe from stating stuff you have no idea about... the 9500s sound far better than 99% of the other woofers that are capable of its output. sorry things didn't work out for your because you an idiot... its like blaming a fireman for not putting YOUR house out... not long ago a guy set a record with 2 9510s(155.7?), but there not loud.. also people street beat 150plus with a pair of 9515s, but they aren't loud and sound like ass too... so grab your POS poorly designed MTX 9500 and STAY HOME..
but I do know about them...

I had a pair for over a year...

I tried them, I tried a few different designs, and I got sick of them...

they have horrible motor noise, thanks to the vents in the side of the motor assembly...

they have a very "boxy" sound... kinda like hitting a cardboard box with a stick...

and they are extremely inefficient, some of the most inefficient subs on the market...

however, they will take a lot of power, and get loud when tuned high....

tune musically, and they completely ****....

that is my personal experience, you can't argue with that...

I sold my DD subs for a reason, and it was a good reason, they **** for music, end of story.

blah blah blah
like I said, the DD do not get loud in a MUSICAL setup, yes, they are great for SPL, but their SQ seriously *****, and in a musically tuned setup, their SPL is pathetic.

this is the reason DD suggest tuning to 40Hz, because the subs are so stupidly inefficient, you can't tune them to a NORMAL frequency, and still get decent output from them.

the problem was my install, but only because I was trying to get a loud musical setup, not the actual box itself.
tuning frequency has little to do with how good a woofer sounds... if the F3 need be no lower than 36hz or so above that the woofer will easily sound excellent... in fact i have yet to hear a woofer sound as good above 40hz... ESP on very fast paced music like techno and metal... sure the 9500 doesn't have a ton of lowend or low frequency extension. your an idiot for even tuning such an over motored 10 that low... and even more so trying to tune ANY 10 that low... its just not enough cone area...

you should really do some reading so you can find a better suited woofer... and BTW DD woofers aren't "inefficient" its simply your application... one thinks because it hardly moves its inefficient... you sir are an idiot..

but I do know about them...
I had a pair for over a year...

I tried them, I tried a few different designs, and I got sick of them...

they have horrible motor noise, thanks to the vents in the side of the motor assembly...

they have a very "boxy" sound... kinda like hitting a cardboard box with a stick...

and they are extremely inefficient, some of the most inefficient subs on the market...

however, they will take a lot of power, and get loud when tuned high....

tune musically, and they completely ****....

that is my personal experience, you can't argue with that...

I sold my DD subs for a reason, and it was a good reason, they **** for music, end of story.
because you simply don't know what your doing... and i CAN argue with that... not to be an ass man but all the subs i owned DD is by far NOT the most inefficient.... the 9500 is designed with HIGH SPL in mind... not for musical purposes, but they are musical in the correct applications... have you used the 2500A or 3500D/E? or the 1500s? i have used almost al of the DD woofers along with many many "high end" woofers and in the correct alignment the DD where 90% of the time louder with the same power. i will agree the 9500 isn't the most musical woofer, but anything more musical can't stand up to the abuse or handle the power... surely not a POS MTX...lol

and even more so trying to tune ANY 10 that low... its just not enough cone area...
Im not going to bother reading anything else you say, because clearly, you're an idiot //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif lol

Im not going to bother reading anything else you say, because clearly, you're an idiot //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif lol
son i could school you 4 ways from Sunday.... tuning a 10" driver low is so inefficient its not even funny.... the lower SD results in the lower efficiency.... staggering lowend output with a 10 will be nothing less that super peaky and have TONS of group delay... you really need to do some soul searching...i think your just misguided..

son i could school you 4 ways from Sunday.... tuning a 10" driver low is so inefficient its not even funny.... the lower SD results in the lower efficiency.... staggering lowend output with a 10 will be nothing less that super peaky and have TONS of group delay... you really need to do some soul searching...i think your just misguided..
I think you're on drugs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif lol

does this forum have an ignore feature?

you could also stfu, but neither is going to happen soon
that your ARE correct about... its like people not liking JL.. oh **** except we KNOW why we don't like them.. there nothing special, over priced and over hyped..... all and all anyone who even claims that DD sounds bad is partially correct as in they probably don't know what the **** there doing... like i told him earlier they don't make the best sounding drivers but they don't sound bad... numerous times i have heard 9512s and 9515s sound much better than many woofers in there price range and output potential. for instance L7s, solo Xs, MTX 9500s, MTs among many other woofers didn't sound as good as the 3500-9500s i have heard that wasn't setup to be all out SPL... having a stiff suspension low QES, doesn't just make a woofer sound bad.... its the application more than 90% of the time.. i just think its funny dumbasses make a dumb statement and another dumbass gets his back and hes automatically correct....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.