too many box's to choose from

Participant count
  • Participant list

gettinlouder
10+ year member

first off merry Christmas. I still have my pioneers (tsw3002d4), I ditched the mustang and now have a ton of room in my Durango but now I have came across so many box plans and even tried playing on winisd.i don't know which to choose, I just bought some mdf and have been staring at it,i have several plans from a 1 cuft box up to a 2.5 cuft all tuned to 34hz.if anyone can throw some ideas at me about size please let me kno.

Every Pioneer sub I've seen has low EBP and with that in mind, I would recommend 2-2.5 cubes per sub tuned in the mid 30s.

You said you played with them in WinISD. What volume did it recommend?

Every Pioneer sub I've seen has low EBP and with that in mind, I would recommend 2-2.5 cubes per sub tuned in the mid 30s.

You said you played with them in WinISD. What volume did it recommend?

no i tried couldnt find some of the values and now it wont load my save's. i know most people put them in a smaller box which is why i was leaning toward the 2-2.5 range after dicplacement and port.

well thanks for the input,i think im gonna go for 2.5 per sub unless someone chimes in with a response.and if anyone that knows how to use winiSD please let me know how it looked.i wont be able to start my box till 6am tomorrow so have 24hrs to figure it out.

I've used WinISD for years but the problem we have with Pioneer subs is that Pioneer is notorious for not publishing full TS numbers for their subs and without full numbers, we can't model the subs accurately... as you've experienced.

If I had the subs I could extract the TS numbers and model them but I don't so... I can't. :)

well thanks for the input,i think im gonna go for 2.5 per sub unless someone chimes in with a response.and if anyone that knows how to use winiSD please let me know how it looked.i wont be able to start my box till 6am tomorrow so have 24hrs to figure it out.
2.0 - 2.5 is good, they suffocate with anything close to manufacturer's recommendations. You'll get lots of lows with that sub but its pretty silent 60hz and above, hope you got decent midbass in your front stage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.