Tommy K's Daily/SQ install w/pics!

Better to do it via the HU if you can. I used to do it via my 4 channel and used tones to set/guess the xover points and burnt up a few sets of tweeters trying to get it right.

TA isn't necessary, but can sound very good if you take the time to set it up properly.

depends upon your HU/amp xover points as you need to create a bandpass for the mids and also most amps won't let you HP the tweets high enough.
Does that 6 channel have a BP option? the 4 channel Zeus I grabbed does, but the xover points are too low to do any good.

I've got a pair of Rainbow CAL26's that you can have for a good price. VERY nice sounding tweets. PM me if interested...
Shoot me a price. The seas tweets I were looking at weren't too expensive though, so the offer better be good. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The 6 channel I grabbed doesn't have many options. It's a pretty bare bones amp, guess that's why it was $25. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I do have the mb quart 4 channel that has a good amount of options though.

Better to do it via the HU if you can. I used to do it via my 4 channel and used tones to set/guess the xover points and burnt up a few sets of tweeters trying to get it right.
TA isn't necessary, but can sound very good if you take the time to set it up properly.
I could probably do it with the headunit then.

I'm gonna have to go through the manual because I haven't used the alpine in almost a year and never went through all the options it has. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

The 7892 is a real nice unit, but it's got Bass Engine Plus which doesn't offer 3 way crossovers. It's got a 2 way with only 3 selectable frequencies for the low pass and high pass with a set 12 dB/oct slope. I don't believe there's time alignment for the subs either, just for the front and rear speakers. I guess in an S10, you really don't need that for the subs seeing they're right behind you.

Neat stuff.

Must be weird too keep turning the dial up but NO.....thats all the bass youll get now kind sir haha.

Looking good though...hope to do something nice like this in my project Civic

The 7892 is a real nice unit, but it's got Bass Engine Plus which doesn't offer 3 way crossovers. It's got a 2 way with only 3 selectable frequencies for the low pass and high pass with a set 12 dB/oct slope. I don't believe there's time alignment for the subs either, just for the front and rear speakers. I guess in an S10, you really don't need that for the subs seeing they're right behind you.
Yeah, I know its not the most feature packed alpine out there, so I'll have to play around with it and see what I can do.

Neat stuff.
Must be weird too keep turning the dial up but NO.....thats all the bass youll get now kind sir haha.

Looking good though...hope to do something nice like this in my project Civic
Haha, yeah. I reached the subs limitations pretty quickly when I turned it up the first time. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

5$ a piece!!!! **** i want some of those were did you get them at?
For the 10,000th time, i got them at the maxxsonics factory sale a few weeks back.

As far as I know, they are all gone. And even if they weren't, they won't be $5 a piece anymore.

you are not hardcore sq enough. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

8's rule. Love my Assassin 8's and the TC-1000 8's...hella good subs. Those MB 8's are a freakin steal at that price, I'm jealous. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

you are not hardcore sq enough. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
x2

When I disconnect my main batt, my HU resets. So I have to go through all of my crossovers/EQing/ta again. I t/a last, and I always wonder how in the hell I listened to music without any t/a.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.