Tommy K's Daily/SQ install w/pics!

Just reflecting on that big fiasco back in the days regarding the Type-R being a super woofer!
Still one of the best bang-for-the-buck subs out there, imo. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

tommy, whatd u do with the aeroports i sold you? how many do you have total? and this is an interesting setup. should do fine for avenged sevenfold and killswitch engage.
You sold me aeroports?

UPDATE!

Got the new MB Quart mids installed in the dash. Lucky for me they fit! I was a little worried since they are quite a bit deeper than the kicker ones I had in there.

Kicker on left, MB Quart on right:

100_1178.jpg

Installed:

100_1179.jpg

100_1180.jpg

After I saw how nasty my dash looked I did take a rag and clean all that dust off. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

And I decided to install the 4 channel today, so I'm officially ACTIVE!

100_1181.jpg

Obviously it's not perfect because I'm using a combination of headunit controls and the amps onboard crossovers, but I can say that having independent control of the mids and tweets has made a BIG difference.

The tweeters are way less harsh, w00t!

Looks good Tommy. I blew a mid today so it looks like I'll be picking up a new pair and going active as well. I might have to swing by before I head back to school and check this out.

that's cool i guess. The less pussy costs the better
Yup.

So far I have less than $100 invested in this upgrade. That includes the six 8's, pair of 5.25's, and the 4 channel.

All I have left is the tweeters which will cost me $70 or so, and hopefully an external crossover if time/budget allows. Honestly I'm almost content on leaving the tweeters for now and getting the crossover first. They are way better sounding than before.

WTF? TommyK and SQ setups do not go together at all. next thing you know James Bang will have a ground pounder.
I blame mlstrass. He is a bad influence on us all.
I agree.

Though I will say that the 8's aren't quite loud enough for me right now. I think those will be upgraded eventually as well. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

On a side note, I did break out the termlab today just for fun. Managed to get a 134.9 @ 47 hz outlaw. Truck ***** sealed up, as usual. I think it did a 129.x sealed up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.