Toggle switch

Participant count
  • Participant list

Juarez60

CarAudio.com Newbie
I was wondering if putting a toggle switch in between my power wire would be fine or if it would damage something,my remote turn on wire connection doesn’t work,I figured it’d be ok since turning the toggle switch off would turn off power from battery but wanted to hear what y’all said!

I was wondering if putting a toggle switch in between my power wire would be fine or if it would damage something,my remote turn on wire connection doesn’t work,I figured it’d be ok since turning the toggle switch off would turn off power from battery but wanted to hear what y’all said!
It would be better to wire a pac80 in line it’s like a big relay and can be wired with a smaller wire to a toggle switch . Usually the biggest toggle switch is around 30amps .

Is the remote wire bad on the deck or the input to the amp ? If no output from the deck you can use the red accessory wire as an amp turn on .

It would be better to wire a pac80 in line it’s like a big relay and can be wired with a smaller wire to a toggle switch . Usually the biggest toggle switch is around 30amps .

Is the remote wire bad on the deck or the input to the amp ? If no output from the deck you can use the red accessory wire as an amp turn on .
The input to the amp doesn’t work,so does the pac 80 inline connect to the red+ power wire

The input to the amp doesn’t work,so does the pac 80 inline connect to the red+ power wire
Depends how your remote input failed. Is the amp on all the time or off all the time?

If the amp won't turn off, then switching your B+ lead could solve your issue. If the amp won't turn on, then switching your B+ lead won't help you.

As stated, you will likely need a relay to handle the amount of current some amps require. Switches have ratings for the amount of volts/current you can run through them.

- Joe

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.